“Food like Mama used to make”

Big Mama's Country Cooking
Ranked #45 of 265 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American
Jefferson City, MO
“Food like Mama used to make”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Terrific country cooking and great prices. I you like Shrimp Creole you will enjoy it here. The steamed cabbage was wonderful, and so was the cornbread and Key Lime Pie. I recommend it. But don't go after 2 pm, they're closed.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank DeWitt65101

“Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We ate here for breakfast twice during our stay at The Buccaneer Hotel across the street (their restaurant is not open for breakfast- it was great country cooking and reasonable prices. Get a table in the rear overlooking the bayou.

Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Fast service!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ate lunch at BIG MAMA'S with collegues from the local area. It was very busy, but the service was super fast!
I had the fried chicken which was good. My peach cobbler was horrible!
The lunch menu changes daily at BIG MAMA's. Here's the choices we had on a Wednesday:
MEATS

one meat and three sides $8.95
one meat and two sides $7.95
Veggie plate (4 sides) $7.95
All drinks $1.50

Desserts can be selected as one (or two) of your sides!
Operational hours for lunch is 11am-230pm Monday-Friday. BIG MAMA'S is not open for dinner or weekends.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Napunani
Hartford, Connecticut
“Very good, indeed”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We visited Big Mama's for breakfast after reading glowing feedback on anther community-driven review website. Perhaps we should have lowered our expectations. We expected something truly awesome. Now, don't get me wrong, the food was very, very good. But I cannot say it was great. The biscuits were not very fluffy, although the gravy was loaded with sausage. A slice of ham was huuuuuge, tender, and with just right amount of salt in it. But the home fries were a disappointment. They were deep fried and somewhat overdone. The service was super-friendly. We really wanted to go there for lunch to give Big Mama's another chance, but unfortunately they were closed on Saturday, as apparently they are only open from Monday to Friday. You should definitely give them a try, but perhaps be a little bit more realistic with your expectations.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank stanberg
Huntsville, Alabama
“Just GOOD home cooking!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm impressed! Usually, when you go to a meat-and-3, it's hard to get surprised. I had the country-fried steak, mashed, and corn. The meat was tender enough to cut with the fork (without breaking the fork), the potatoes were OBVIOUSLY not out of a box, and the corn was true Florida style corn (Silver Queen and another variety, I think). Just really, really good! I'm going to keep this in mind the next time I'm in PC. what a great find!

• Visited July 2012