“This is ghetto like I've never seen!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
South Florida, Florida
“This is ghetto like I've never seen!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Rates were cheaper than I expected over the phone so I booked two nights. Upon arriving, there was trash and dirty clothes all along the side of building and young girls in vehicles with music turned wide open smoking cigarettes. Ok well they upgrded us to their "suite" because they didn't have the original room ready. Hallway and elevator smelled like someone been smoking anything they can get their hands on all night and there was trash, sunflower seeds and cigarette butts just laying all throughout the halls. Girls were yelling at one another while these guys with chains and gold teeth were loitering up and down the halls while we were trying to get on the elevator. One of the girls looked at me like she wanted to fight me. And I'm 8 months pregant! The bed looked like my 6 year old had made it and the t.v. was position inbetween the bed and the couch where it was right in front of a counter. Like literally you have to break your neck to watch it. We was not having that, I don't care how cheap it is. We go to get refund and there was a young lady in front of us expaining to the front desk peson that she would be abld to pay her bill later tonight when a friend comes by. Trust me, you do not want to stay here. It is either a brothel of some sort or a drug house... Or both! We went next door to Best Western where we found it much more clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trutraveler1987

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I noticed that all the reviews I read were either great or horrible. I hope my review helps.
I must start by saying do not use priceline's make an offer if you need 2 beds. You will end up paying more than if you had just booked from Microtel!

On to the hotel review. The staff were very nice and helpful. There was fresh coffee(if not they gladly made some). Our room was clean and nice. Our kids loved the pool! Nice TV too. The breakfast included muffins, bagels, yogurt, danishes, oatmeal, and cereal. Juice, milk and coffee to drink.
There was a bit of a musty smell coming from the AC. Also, I saw a couple of small bugs at night. There was a red stain on the floor.(but really, what can they do rip up all the carpet for a stain?)
Overall it was not bad for the price. If you want waffles, or to be closer to the beach, pay the extra $10/night and stay at the Ramada. :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family