“Beware the manager”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Georgia
“Beware the manager”
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I book rooms many times each year for my son's soccer team, and this is the first time I have posted a review due to a problem. The group manager here provided good service, but the property manager rates a zero. I made the mistake of talking to him when I saw that my group could get online rates of $59 rather than the $72 they were charging us (it was a slow weekend). He put me on hold for a good while and then told me he could not honor the lower rates. Apparently he was getting the online rates changed while I was on hold, because as soon as I got off the phone with him the $59 rate was no longer available for that weekend--though it was still available for other times. My entire group should have gone to the LaQuinta down the street, where the $59 rate was available. I went there to pick up one of the players, and it is a much nicer property and the breakfast was far nicer than the Sleep Inn's. We have stayed in Panama City numerous times, and the off-season rates are going down significantly because several new properties have recently been built.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank JuneJane

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Travelers also viewed these Panama City hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn & Suites

Property: Comfort Inn & Suites
Address: 2317 Jenks Ave, Panama City, FL 32405-4301 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Panama City
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn & Suites 2.5*
Family Friendly, but with a few honeymoon Jacuzzi suites for those who want privacy. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Hotel Panama City