“Good Value”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights as we were visiting friends in PC. We were impressed with the cleanliness of our room and were impressed with the breakfast. The hotel offers a good alternative to the some of the more pricey hotels closer to the beach. We would stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Wil A, Guest Services at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for thinking highly enough of the service the Sleep Inn & Suites provided to you that you would post such a nice review.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Laura and Will were both very professional and personable. I mainly dealt with Will and he was always happy, pleasant and eager to please. We were part of a very large group, over 50 rooms, and the whole stay was great. The hotel was clean and very well maintained. Breakfast was great especially for over 150 football players and coaches! The manager worked with our group to provide good rates and take care of any situation that arose. The hotel is located close to many restaurants and the main highway through town. The players were able to walk to many different places. We will stay here again if the bowl comes back to Panama City!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

We were happy to play host to your group, and look forward to doing so in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had to spend a night at this property as our primary hotel was full for this one additional night. The places we had stayed before were also full, so I booked here despite the number of negative reviews. We were pleased.

The man on the desk was very anxious to please. He was extremely upset that the maid had left a dirty and soggy towel on the floor of our room. He responded promptly and took care of this issue.

The room was better than I expected. The bed was clean and supportive. The room looked as if it had been updated fairly recently. The public areas were a bit shopworn and dingy, but overall, the place was satisfactory, especially at the price paid.

The breakfast offered was not all that good, so we drove the couple of blocks to Dan-D donuts and got some sinful and evil objects of lust.

Would I stay here again? Probably for a one night stay, I would consider it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of the Sleep Inn & Suites, and of our staff. We hope to see you again after our transformation into Panama City's newest Comfort Inn.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Laura was very helpful in every way while my stay breakfast was good room was clean good location i was pleased with the price i paid for the service and room flat panel tv good picture i will stay here again in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was made to feel unwelcome there due to remarks made by the owner upon checking in. When I told him I had been insulted, he replied, "This is America and I can say anything I want to say." I then said, "Fine, And I do not have to stay anywhere if I'm not welcome. Please refund my charge." Of course, then he fell back on "policy" and refused to let me out of the charge. I left anyway and based on other reviews about cleanliness, I'm glad I did.

I have pursued this with Choice Hotel's corporate office and will update this review if and when the issue is resolved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank DR_JAKFL

Thank you for your review of the Sleep Inn & Suites. We regret that you did not find anyone on the property who embraced your Progressive agenda, and that for this reason you have chosen to write a bad review. After careful research of the facts involved, we failed to see how your encounter with a worker who did not share your belief in Global Warming in any way negatively affected your own belief.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Destin and needed to stop in Panama City for business so we spent the night here. We chose this hotel because of my husbands points.
First: We were given a room key to a "non-smoking" room. The smoke smell was so strong in this room it made me nauseous. As I stood and waited for husband to get another room key, the maintenance man walked down the hall spraying the strongest deodorizer that took my breath away. My husband went down to desk to get another room assignment. THAT room was just as bad. Worn out we decided to stay there anyway.
Second: There was a lady about 22 years old with her luggage and backpack sitting on the couch in the reception area when we checked in around 3 pm. When we returned from the movie at 10 she was still there with her luggage. This story will be continued at the end...
Third: Room was so dirty - carpet, floor and bedspread. Sheets were so thin and threadbare you could read through them.
Fourth: At 2am the phone rang and woke us up with a start. There was a man on the line who said that the computer in the lobby had crashed and we needed to give him a new credit card number. Dazed and confused I asked him "now?" He said "yes" our room was showing vacant. My husband awake and alarmed took the phone, told him he would be right down, then went back to bed. It was a phone scam which has apparently happened so many times at this hotel they had to put a sign at the front desk warning people NOT to give our CC numbers on the phone. (Apparently we missed that when we checked in.) My husband went to the desk the next morning and the receptionist said the same thing happened the day before to a woman traveling alone and she was naive and gave the man her CC number and thus had to have ALL her cards cancelled the next day.
Fifth: breakfast hours were posted and when we arrived to grab some coffee and a pastry 20 minutes before it was supposed to close, it was closed up tight. We couldn't get out of that nightmare place fast enough. We checked out, walked to the car, and guess who had her luggage, backpack beside her sitting at the pool? The apparently homeless lady who was in the reception area the day before. This place needs some SERIOUS monitoring from someone in headquarters. BEWARE and choose another hotel or just keep driving!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes worse than any bar I've ever been in. I asked for another and it was just as bad. The carpet was filthy, bathroom had many hairs all over (not mine), remote didn't work, etc. etc. Went to a long dinner and a movie just to stay away from this place. No breakfast in the morning during breakfast hours was the final insult. I'd advise you to stay at a more expensive hotel, but we paid as much as a 5 star hotel for this dump! Sleep Inn your car before staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business