“Excellant”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Laura was very helpful in every way while my stay breakfast was good room was clean good location i was pleased with the price i paid for the service and room flat panel tv good picture i will stay here again in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Wil A, Guest Services at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was made to feel unwelcome there due to remarks made by the owner upon checking in. When I told him I had been insulted, he replied, "This is America and I can say anything I want to say." I then said, "Fine, And I do not have to stay anywhere if I'm not welcome. Please refund my charge." Of course, then he fell back on "policy" and refused to let me out of the charge. I left anyway and based on other reviews about cleanliness, I'm glad I did.

I have pursued this with Choice Hotel's corporate office and will update this review if and when the issue is resolved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank DR_JAKFL

Thank you for your review of the Sleep Inn & Suites. We regret that you did not find anyone on the property who embraced your Progressive agenda, and that for this reason you have chosen to write a bad review. After careful research of the facts involved, we failed to see how your encounter with a worker who did not share your belief in Global Warming in any way negatively affected your own belief.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Destin and needed to stop in Panama City for business so we spent the night here. We chose this hotel because of my husbands points.
First: We were given a room key to a "non-smoking" room. The smoke smell was so strong in this room it made me nauseous. As I stood and waited for husband to get another room key, the maintenance man walked down the hall spraying the strongest deodorizer that took my breath away. My husband went down to desk to get another room assignment. THAT room was just as bad. Worn out we decided to stay there anyway.
Second: There was a lady about 22 years old with her luggage and backpack sitting on the couch in the reception area when we checked in around 3 pm. When we returned from the movie at 10 she was still there with her luggage. This story will be continued at the end...
Third: Room was so dirty - carpet, floor and bedspread. Sheets were so thin and threadbare you could read through them.
Fourth: At 2am the phone rang and woke us up with a start. There was a man on the line who said that the computer in the lobby had crashed and we needed to give him a new credit card number. Dazed and confused I asked him "now?" He said "yes" our room was showing vacant. My husband awake and alarmed took the phone, told him he would be right down, then went back to bed. It was a phone scam which has apparently happened so many times at this hotel they had to put a sign at the front desk warning people NOT to give our CC numbers on the phone. (Apparently we missed that when we checked in.) My husband went to the desk the next morning and the receptionist said the same thing happened the day before to a woman traveling alone and she was naive and gave the man her CC number and thus had to have ALL her cards cancelled the next day.
Fifth: breakfast hours were posted and when we arrived to grab some coffee and a pastry 20 minutes before it was supposed to close, it was closed up tight. We couldn't get out of that nightmare place fast enough. We checked out, walked to the car, and guess who had her luggage, backpack beside her sitting at the pool? The apparently homeless lady who was in the reception area the day before. This place needs some SERIOUS monitoring from someone in headquarters. BEWARE and choose another hotel or just keep driving!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes worse than any bar I've ever been in. I asked for another and it was just as bad. The carpet was filthy, bathroom had many hairs all over (not mine), remote didn't work, etc. etc. Went to a long dinner and a movie just to stay away from this place. No breakfast in the morning during breakfast hours was the final insult. I'd advise you to stay at a more expensive hotel, but we paid as much as a 5 star hotel for this dump! Sleep Inn your car before staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I Stayed at this Hotel Periodically atleast 2 nights a week. January Through The month of April Until the guy that works evenings at the Front Desk i think his name is Wil refused to give me a key to get back into the room that i paid for! i went to front desk around 10pm at night and was told since i didnt have my I.D. with me he could not give me a key to my room what an IDIOT my wallet and everything else was locked in my room. I have now been staying at the LaQuinta Inn down the road from the sleep Inn where i will continue to stay with Friendly Staff and the rooms are alot cleaner.

-ALONZO

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ALONZO P
Reviewed August 5, 2013

At check in the girl at the front desk(imurra) had an attitude as she was being asked a few questions instead of asking for another form of payment she rambled on about a card being declined for a second room after paying cash she threw the card on the counter. The next day my kids were locked out of their room almost three hours no one could open the door( god forbid there was an accident) we had scooter rentals do back at 10 and there was no quickness from anyone what so ever. What good is maintenance if they couldn't open the doo? So they called the owner who later lied and said he was only the manager and that was there was nothing he could do. Who manages a place and has no authority to compensate their customers? He called it an act of god and to send the company an email so I will do just that and more im not done with them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank margaret k
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nice clean rooms, front desk was very helpful and friendly, enjoyed staying there and would recommend this hotel. The room has very nice beds, big bathrooms,flat screen TV and phone. My computer hooked up with the internet very easily. The breakfast area was clean with a nice choice of food. They always had a pot of coffee in the lobby. The swimming pool was nice and hardly anyone used it. Location was easy to find and I could always find a parking space. Would stay at the Seep Inn in Panama City, Florida again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor it was very quite.