“Still the BEST!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hunt's Oyster Bar & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Tennessee
“Still the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you like fresh fried shrimp and an oyster bar, you will not find a better place on the coast! Its a bar with lots of locals. But, that the best places to get fresh!

• Visited January 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Once again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A couple of weeks ago my brother and I went to Hunt's on a rainy Saturday night at 9.There was a sign outside that said,"Sorry,we are out of fresh oysters."We got oysters nearby and went back to Hunt's.They were hosing down the place.We asked if they were closed.They said,"No, come on in!"We had the place to ourselves and we feasted!Fast forward a couple of weeks.I'm there again with my friend and his 5th grade aged son.We told the son,I.J.that it was time for him to become a man(eat a raw oyster).Well,turns out it wasn't quite time.I.J.did not relish the idea even after he saw his Dad and me slurping down 2 dozen each.To his credit he did try some of Joe's fried gator and he liked it a lot.I had the head on boiled shrimp,my personal fav at Hunt's.Aw man, what flavor.I'm sure they have way more salt than a high blood pressure man should ingest but,uuummmmhhh,yummy!My first review of Hunt's was titled: "Don't Go", because it is hard to get in.This review should've been titled "Go Only On Rainy January Nights When They Might Be Out Of Oysters!"

Visited January 2013
Carrier Mills, Illinois, United States
“Good food for the price...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here because of a recommendation my father in law gave us. It's a little out of the way from the beach, but it's worth the drive. My husband LOVES the oysters. We get the cheese oysters (cooked). It's kind of a hole in the wall kind of place, so don't expect fancy dining. But the price isn't bad. It's kind of located in a weird part of town though. Across the street looks like the ghetto, but then another block down are more nice attractions.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carrollton, Georgia
“The BEST!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can't say enough about this place. You know it's good when you get there 30 minutes before opening and there is already a line waiting to get in. The oysters are the freshest in PCB. Always crowded but a great, fun place to go. Don't go anywhere else but here for the best seafood and cold beer. Love, love this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Skaneateles, New York
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This funky little restaurant had the best oysters that we have experienced so far on our trip to Florida. We liked it so much that we went back two times. Loved the St. Andrews area also--so much less crowded than Panama City.

• Visited January 2013