“Good food for the price...”

Hunt's Oyster Bar & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carrier Mills, Illinois, United States
“Good food for the price...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here because of a recommendation my father in law gave us. It's a little out of the way from the beach, but it's worth the drive. My husband LOVES the oysters. We get the cheese oysters (cooked). It's kind of a hole in the wall kind of place, so don't expect fancy dining. But the price isn't bad. It's kind of located in a weird part of town though. Across the street looks like the ghetto, but then another block down are more nice attractions.

• Visited May 2012

Carrollton, Georgia
“The BEST!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can't say enough about this place. You know it's good when you get there 30 minutes before opening and there is already a line waiting to get in. The oysters are the freshest in PCB. Always crowded but a great, fun place to go. Don't go anywhere else but here for the best seafood and cold beer. Love, love this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Skaneateles, New York
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This funky little restaurant had the best oysters that we have experienced so far on our trip to Florida. We liked it so much that we went back two times. Loved the St. Andrews area also--so much less crowded than Panama City.

Chipley, Florida
“RUDE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

First off I want everyone to know that due to a form of MD i am in a wheelchair so it isnt easy for me to go places in the first place...so we went to humts on a monday night for my husband b-day and we asked for a table for a party of 7, the waitress lady asked us when the rest of our party was going to show up and we told her it would probably be 20 to 30 min. so she refused to seat us until they got there, then I asked if I could move over to the side b/c it was cold that night and every time the door would open I would get a chill, she said NO and you're in the way so you're going to have to go outside and wait or wait in your car until about 5 mins. before your group shows up. I asked her why couldnt she just seat us at a table and let us wait on our group while we looked at menus and she said because there are other people that "may" come in and need the table. So we said okay and left and I promise you they wont evr have to worry about me being in there way again!!! We ended up going and eating at RED LOBSTER where we didnt have to wait out in the cold, they seated us right away without the rest of group present and the waitress was very friendly. Hunt's restaurant needs to send their workers to a crash course in customer service and hospitality. I have never been treated as rudely at any other place of business as I was that night at Hunt's.

Ohio
“Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The fried oysters were so so. I used to eat raw(which I love) but have seen to many horror stories up close and personal. My wife ordered the 5 cheese baked and they were OK.