“Great oysters”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Olathe, Kansas
“Great oysters”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

6 of us stopped for lunch today. We waited about 45 minutes at about 1 on a Thursday. The place is no frills at all.....The menu is very limited........Good options for kids....... It's all about the oysters here! 3 cheese with jalapeño was our favorite. Cooked perfectly with plenty of flavor and juice left. The oysters were much larger and more flavor than even those we had in Apalachacola. Can't go wrong. Good fried shrimp and fish on the combo platter.

Orange Park, FL
“Terrific local restaurant.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This restaurant was on our list of preferred establishments from our concierge. This is, apparently, THE place for oysters of all types. While it's in the St. Andrews Old Towne area (which I think of as touristy, while historical in fact), the food is it's high mark. I had the fried shrimp dinner and they were far and above what I get at other good restaurants where I'm from. Well prepared and very tasty. My wife had fried oysters and, again, they stand out as especially good. They shuck oysters at the bar area and it is very clear that the food that they serve is fresh and well prepared. We almost felt that, as tourists, we were inter-lopers in a local restaurant..! Clearly, this establishment is a local favorite. Don't go there expecting a table cloth and gorgeous interior. It is a rustic one-floor place. They serve terrific food and it is the food that is the draw, not pretty doo-dads. Highly recommended. We're going back this evening. Wish we had gone there last evening as well...!

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Place to Eat In Panama City!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

WOW! We just had the most wonderful meal, sitting at the bar, chatting with the guys shucking the oysters! This resturant has the best raw and baked oysters- large, just right temperature- everything about thes are wonderful! We also had the buffalo style shrimp!! These were large jumbo shrimp, fried and then buffaloed- just perfect! Someone in our group is always on a quest for the best grouper sandwich and they said this is one at the top of the list! You won't go wrong! Sitting at the bar is the best, very casual and very good prices! Enjoy!! Also, behind the resturant is a great Salvage barn that is only open on Sat.'s and Sundays- we also bought a chandelier after eating at Hunts! Worth the trip!

• Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Let me start by saying I am from Coastal North Carolina and I know seafood. I and my colleagues decided on Hunt’s because of the ratings on Tripadvisor. I was very disappointed with the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the restaurant, and the amount of food on my plate.
We were constantly annoyed by large fruit flies. When we were seated, my seat was filthy and the table was dirty.
Now on to dinner. I ordered a combo of shrimp & scallops. I ended up with about 3/4th scallops and 1/4th shrimp and 2 that’s right two hushpuppies. I am accustomed to getting a basket of “endless” hushpuppies.
One of my colleagues ordered a cheeseburger and he said it was good. My other colleague ordered ½ doz. Oysters and they were about ¼ the normal size of a standard oyster.
I will not eat here again.

• Visited October 2012
panama city beach, fl
“Original”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just doesnt get better than this for an oyster bar. Seafood it perfect and always fresh. I love this place. The only rival for it's class I would say is Boon Docks out on 79. Only because they have the chef out there that use to be at Penny's Restuarant.

Visited August 2012