“Treated like family”

Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were treated like family. When they found out it was my fiance's birthday and that we had just gotten engaged, the gave us a bottle of wine, a wonderful dessert, and lots of special attention. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful with made-to-order omletes and great service. Our room was spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2010

There is a REASON this was the #1 HGI in the world just two years ago! And it remains in the top 3 today! You will NOT find a more well oiled, bend over backwards, customer focused, treat you like family (the ones you actually like and miss when they're gone), top of the line hotel. Period. I travel a tremendous amount and rarely does a hotel excel in as many aspects of customer service as the PC HGI does. Cleanliness, great food, and managers down to staff that truly care. No Hotel is perfect but it's how a hotel deals with mistakes that makes them shine and stand out.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

As a "Road Warrior" I am forced to stay in one non-descript hotel after another. Normally what makes a hotel stand out is the personal service and attitude of the staff. Although the faciltiy is great with brand new flat panel televisions in every room and a refurbuished exercise room its the staff that makes the place like home. From the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping or kitchen you only have to ask and somehow things will get done! A hotel like this is why I attempt to plan all my conferences/meetings in the Panama City area....Its just like being home!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

It may not be on the beach (15 minutes away), but it is in the center of town (Next to the Mall) and plenty of Restaurants. They have Shuttle service form the new PC Airport. Mostly they were voted the Number ! Hotel in the World among 400 Worldwide for Hilton Garden Inns. The staff at the Hotel is "Outstanding" Try it out. Talk to the Bartender, Talk to the Cooks. Talk to the Front Desk. If they don't have what you want they will get it. They deserve a Number ranking on Trip Advisor!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I came down here to visit my brother at the AF base not to far from here and had a room with two queens. the rooms were clean but my shower leaked and when brought to attention was never fixed. Also we gotten woken up EVERY morning of our stay by house keeping pounding, not knocking, on our door. this was only at 7 or 8 in the morning. This was my brother and I's first and last vacation for awhile and didn't even get to sleep in a little. We also had breakfast in the hotel one morning and you think for 11 dollars a person it would be a little better. And if you are wanting good wifi I would recommend somewhere else. My netbook with a perfectly good wifi card kept dropping the internet. This hotel just may be too new and needs to work out the kinks. Next time I come for a visit I will defiantly be staying at a more established hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Was staying for business and booked a package that would allow for a complimentary breakfast for convenience, but when I called to confirm reservation I was told a more expensive rate per night and no meal. I asked to speak with a manager and was told none was available but they would contact me the next day...never heard from them. When I arrived to check-in I was told that the "package" I had reserved could not be honored without any further explanation. Again, no manager was available and I was not contacted by one during my stay. I was charged ~$20 more per night. The price is not worth what you pay for. The rooms and atmosphere are no better than any mid price motel chain. Poor customer service and only so-so rooms...will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank amyeliza7
Reviewed May 16, 2010

No HD LCD TV in the rooms, seems like staff in all hotels are retarded and don't know what the heck that means. Also, there is no free breakfast as other reviews suggest. Had to haggle to get the price down to what the government price should be. I was told I could hook up my PS3 to the TV on the phone but when I got here it was only the low-definition that could be hooked up in the room. Clocks were 12 hours off, what's up with that Hilton? (I have Hilton Honors but thinking about dropping that and switching hotel chains altogether). One night, there was a party in one of the other rooms at the other end of the hall, I couldn't hear them unless I went out into the hall but I sure could hear them open and close the door repeatedly at midnight. Had to finally call the front desk after a couple of hours and threatening to call the police. Then, they have this vehicle log book for the local military that has female based theme with ladies in bikinis in it... while it's not sexual harassment, it provides for a hostile work environment and I wouldn't want to work here as a woman. Room was clean and well serviced. No coupons for food or anything. Located near a shopping mall and several restaurants. Parking was free and close to room. Will be staying about two weeks unless I find another hotel with HD TV. I found the bed to be very comfortable. Room was semi-quiet.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!