“Way to many issues”

Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I normally stay at Hilton hotels and they are very enjoyable..This has to be the one of the worst stays i have had in years. First when we arrived I had to wait for my room to be ready which i was ok with. Then my mom checked in and some how they managed to check her into my room and get all the billing messed up. I paid for my room months in advance.

They wanted my card to charge me again. They fixed that and the man who made the mistake was great he apologized and treated my family great the whole trip.They assigned me another room only to find out when i opened the room someone was already booked in that room..They fixed that also.
At check out time they gave my mom a bill with food charges for my room and the lady at the desk was flat out rude about fixing it. Told her this wasn't possible to have a mix up...So much went wrong here that I would never stay here if they were the last hotel available in Panama. Yes the rooms and breakfast was nice but when i'm on vacation i don't want to stress and worry about my hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Keith S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Good afternoon Ahteral,
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your check-in experience is certainly not typical and I completely understand your frustration. Our front office team is reviewing our current processes to ensure similar situations do not continue in the future. Thank you for your review and if there is anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know.

Carla S. Hanson
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Panama City

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check in was chaotic and the hotel had cancelled my reservation in error despite coming in earlier in the day to try to check-in in advance. We then had to wait 25 minutes in the lobby to get another room that was a lower accomodation for the original price that we booked.

1  Thank quicktrip777

Hello Quicktrip777,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience that you have described. While we did not meet your expectations, we will use this information to improve our services and processes. We appreciate your understanding and agree that while this is an uncommon occurrence, we will work to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

We look forward to your next visit so that we may showcase our improvements and earn your trust again.

Carla Hanson
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Don't believe the check in time for this hotel. We had to wait 2 hours past the normal check in time to get in our room. They used the excuse that they were busy but I am pretty sure all hotels are busy in June and July around Panama City. They obviously don't have the staff to meet the requirements to get the rooms cleaned. Won't be back.

1  Thank Jason P
Keith S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hello from Panama City Jason P,

Thank you for sharing your experience and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you have described. While we did not meet your expectations, we will use this information to improve our services and processes. We appreciate your understanding and agree that while this is an uncommon occurrence, we will work to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. The free breakfast that was served to me made me a believer. The staff was friendly and professional. Lekeisha, the waitress in the morning is a top notch employee. For her alone, my family will return. And with walking distance to the mall and minutes from downtown, this is an easy choice in which hotel to choose.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Keith S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello Loretha M!

Thank you again for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Panama City. We take pride in our staff and your experience is the perfect example!

Safe journeys and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Good location, amenities were cool. I didn't really have any complaints. I with there would have been a room with a king bed availible, but perhaps that's my fault for waiting to book the room the day before I was coming to stay. Overall all was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello from Panama City Scott Y!

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Panama City. We appreciate your information regarding the type of room that was available and hope that this will assist our future guests and our team.

We look forward to your return visit to Panama City!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

hotel was a great place to stay if you don't mind the 15 minute drive to beach...my wife and i decided to take a quick trip to the beach before we haed out west on our vacation...we chose Hilton because we knew it would be a good place to saty...we were not disappointed..clean, quite and close to any type food you might want...would stay here again if not staying on the beach...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jerry D!

Thank you for sharing your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Panama City! We are delighted that your stay here kicked off your trip westward on a positive note. Our entire team is looking forward to your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is one of the nicest hotels we've ever had the pleasure to stay at. The staff was extremely courteous, the beds were great, and the price was excellent. The pool and hot tub were great also.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Greetings from Panama City Angela L!

This is how it should feel to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Panama City! On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing our property and we look forward to your return!

Safe journeys,