“Impromptu Family Visit”

Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Traveling this time with my mother who is 78 yrs old and handicapped. We originally had reservations at a nearby hotel for a little less money (splitting bill with Mom so tried to be a little more conservative). The hotel we had intended to stay was NOT at all what we expected and was not at ALL something that was suitable for Mom. Even though I had called ahead of time and had spoken with the actual desk clerk - not the reservation system. Finding this out at 10:00 at night after a 13 hour drive was NOT pleasant. I literally dashed across the street to the Hilton Garden Inn to see if anything was available. Justin and Randy (? Rick?) were amazingly kind when I explained our situation. I was allowed to see one of the rooms - then given a discounted rate for two of our four nights that we were there. We were in town for a family reunion and when you are there for four days, you can get the feel of the place. Everything about this hotel was SO nice. Bright, cheerful, spacious, accommodating. The room was perfect for our needs and very comfortable. Close to everything we needed to be close to (we were not there for the beach, but it IS conveniently located to the main road out to the beach. About 20 minutes to PC Beach I'd say). The food was very good, the staff very pleasant on every shift. Everything about this place was perfect --- I travel a LOT and for me to say "perfect", I must have really liked it!

Room Tip: If our room was any indication of the others, No complaints.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello Malpal!

How wonderful to know that the dedication and hospitality of our team members was able to turn your visit to Panama City into a success! On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for sharing your experience and your kind words.

It will be our pleasure to be your home away from home in the future!

Safe travels and we hope to see you again,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great stay for the money, breakfast was great, made to order. bed were very comfortable. bathrooms was clean. Price was good saved us over$100 dollars because we couldn't afford t stay on the beach. Coffee and cookies were given away through out the day. Pool area looked very pretty and clean, but we didn'tgo swimming because it was still cold. cleaning crew was vey helpful and give usmore towels when needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Panama City. Our team strives to ensure your visit reflects the best that we have to offer!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A good business hotel. Has small bar and good breakfast . Clean and nice staff . Would stay again. Seemed well maintained and relatively new . Had a little isue with key locks but was resolved .
Was in town working a boat show .

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This property is located near the Panama City Mall and about 10 miles from Panama City Beach. The hotel sits off of a major road, but noise was not an issue. There is ample free parking and the lot is well lit, if not as clean as other Hilton Garen Inn parking lots. Check-in was very quick, but the room was not ready so I came back a few hours later. My room was on the 3rd floor and the sleepomatic (adjustable) type bed was fairly broken in but still comfortable. The room had the usual flatscreen, desk and chair and overall was somewhat uninspiring but clean. The lighting was good and the bathroom was very clean with average quality towels. The fridge was a plus as was the coffeemaker.

The hotel does have a business center that is handy for printing out boarding passes or checking Email if you did not lug your electronics with you. I have stayed at many Garden Inns and this one is functional with friendly staff but it just does not rise to the next level to make it anything special.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor due to noise and stay away from the elevators.
1  Thank Jesse1
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good breakfast - ask for blueberry pancakes if Fannie is working. Fresh cookies made early evening. Clean and friendly staff. Location is great to many restaurants. The manager didn't have any Italian restaurant recommendations though - disappointing - because another guest gave us a great recommendation to Ferrucci's and it was excellent. I've stayed at this hotel numerous times for business and always like returning.

1  Thank Gina B
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The cleaning staff for this hotel stole my ipad right out of my room when I was staying here. They are theives and they accused me of lying when I brought up the issue. Keep all of your stuff in your safe and don't let the cleaning staff in!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Vijay I

Good evening Vijay I,

On behalf of our entire team, we regret that you experienced this issue. As the General Manager, I can assure you that we take this very seriously and we are investigating it.

Please feel free to contact me directly at keith.smith@hilton.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great customer service by all staff. Front desk very efficient and friendly, restaurant staff was as well. I would definitely stay at this location again. Rooms were clean and overall property was well maintained; internet access was very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business