“Unbelievable Housekeeper and Cook!”

Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip and this is the first hotel that I can actually say I didn't feel rushed by the housekeeping department. We travel a lot and sometimes when housekeeping comes to clean your room and you aren't ready if you ask the housekeeper to come back they look like you have just ruined their whole day! They never tell you that you are bothering them- they just look like you are (sometimes even with rolled eyes)..but this trip was different and Rachel the housekeeper was by far the best housekeeper EVER! She came to my room and although I told her to come on in, since she saw I was blowdrying my hair she said she would come back. She didn't want to get in my way and she didn't mind! She came back later and checked on me and again I was a little busy so she came back Again! She was so friendly and not at all put out by me being in her way! I've never had a housekeeper that was so nice and accommodating and she did a Great job on my room! The staff was very friendly and the rooms were great. The breakfast also was wonderful and the cook even made blueberry pancakes for me! The breakfast had lots of choices including fresh fruit. We were recently in Panama City before this trip and we stayed at a different hotel and I wasn't very happy with that hotel- my husband remembered having stayed before at Hilton Garden and decided to take me there instead...I'm so glad he did! We won't be staying in any of the other hotels on our next stay, we will definitely go back to Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed during spring break, so the hotel was booked to capacity. The only issues I had were due to the room not being ready at Checkin time, but that was understandable given it was peak season during spring break. I was given a different room, and from there everything was fine.
The rooms are up to date and consistent with what you would expect at a Hilton Hotel. The breakfast was awesome for the price, and the free wi-fi was fast and easy to use.
They have a pool that looked nice, but I chose the beach instead.
I definitely recommend this hotel if you don't mind being 10-15 minutes from the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ATL_World_Tour
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was going to Panama City on business, beaches side. After disqualifying the hotels there due to content (e.g., the one that accepts pets except for pit bulls and Rottweilers) and placement (on Google satellite, they all look like they’re located on vacant lots), I opted for staying on the mainland, although it was out of my way. Of course, if you’re going to PC for the beaches, that’s a different story.

This in a good location, next to a mall and several chain restaurants. It you’re not going to the beach, there’s a pleasant park nearby right on the water where you can sit and watch the sun set.

This is almost an exact replica of the HGI in Lakewood NJ where I recently stayed, so my review is similar.

Very friendly, gracious, welcoming professional staff, right down the line to the maintenance man who gave me advice and directions to my business appointment. My last morning, as I left at an ungodly hour, the desk clerk took pity on me and gave me a yogurt and an apple from the kitchen, as the dining room wasn’t open yet.

The room is well furnished with fridge, cabinets, plenty of surface space on desk, shelf in bureau in lieu of one of the drawers (nifty!) Space between the bureau and the desk you can keep the ironing board if you want to leave it up or for any other junk you may happen to have. Ergonomic chair. Good quality TV that easily swivels so you can watch from wherever you are in the room.

Bathroom: very nice, fluffy towels, a fair amount of surface space for your personal body care items. Basic amenities: shampoo, soap, conditioner, lotion, decent brand. Sorry there is no shower cap. Bathroom light was dark. If you put on a lot of cosmetics, better be sure to ask for a well-lit bathroom.

This place is super clean. Carpet very new. Surfaces look like granite, classy. All design elements look like someone took a lot of care; and that they had good taste. However, incongruously for Florida, the art is an autumnal scene of turning leaves ...

Extra blankets and towels in the closet.

HVAC was a little loud. I actually had to turn it off to watch TV. The volume on one of the stations was blocked from being raised over a certain level. (?) Unlike many hotels, they provide a list of channels, so you don't have to keep scrolling through. My personal appreciation is that they have TCM, which I don't encounter too often in hotels.

The bed has a feature where you can dial the hardness you want. It takes a while to adjust itself once you’ve set it. I suggest taking care of this when you arrive. I found the “optimum” setting a little hard for my taste.

(A caveat at this location: not all the rooms have been converted to these newer mattresses. My original room had an old saggy mattress; I was cheerfully moved to a room with a new mattress; be sure you request a new-mattressed room, at least if you’re going close to the date of this review.)

I used the quiet business center to check emails and print my boarding pass. You use your pass card to get in so it is “open” 24-7.

A terrific and inexpensive breakfast spread served in a congenial setting. Nice common area with comfortable seating.

I have been so dismayed over the years at the uncomfortable road hotels that I've been forced to stay in. I am so glad that I've found the HGI. Hopefully, the brand is consistent. Stay tuned ...

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with the new mattress during the current time period while they are upgrad...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Excellent facilities, attentive staff and comfortable atmosphere. Newer facility with clean rooms, very confortable beds, good breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed in this hotel the night prior to a Southwest flight. I have had good experiences with the Hilton Garden Inn chain in my travels, and this one was also a pleasant experience. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive. We ate at the "American Grill" restaurant as we did not feel like going out. Lizzy, the girl who waited on us, was an excellent server and very outgoing. We liked her immediately. Though she had to handle room service orders while also serving us, she did a great job of multitasking. The breakfast was terrific as well, with "Mr. T" making outstanding omelettes for us and other friendly staff like Gayle and Jacette keeping everything humming. All in all, a very good all-around experience and highly recommended when staying in Panama City!

Room Tip: Only downside to the stay is the locked door between connecting rooms. When the people next door tu...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chrsn
cdeboss, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everyone was pleasant to you. It is wonderful to hear so many great comments and I will be sure to share this with the staff especially those who you personally recognized. We hope you are able to travel back to Florida sometime and visit us again. Thank you.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

From the time my daughter and I walked into the hotel, they made us feel comfortable. The rooms are standard size. The beds have to be the most comfortable I have slept in in years. Rooms are very clean. The hotel is close to shopping, places to eat and about twenty five minutes from PCBeach. The staff was great...friendly and helpful. The only problem, there is only one washing machine and one dryer. If there were other soccer teams staying here it would have been a nightmare to get clean uniforms.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
cdeboss, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. We know with other guests in the hotel it can be tough trying to wash and dry laundry. Here at our Hilton Garden Inn, we offer a fluff and fold service. We will wash your laundry, dry it and fold it then return it back to you for only $1.50 per pound. I am sorry that you were not aware of this amenity and I hope for future travels you will visit us again. It is great to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Again many thanks!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We came in and we were welcomed by the front desk immediately. Everyone was so nice at this hotel, it was unbelievable. Think the term "southern hospitality" really shows here. Like every other HGI, they had cookies at the front desk. Rooms were very nice and were cleaned frequently. Even the maids were very nice. Breakfast was great and our waitress was very kind. Pool area is clean, quiet, and great for family. If you are in the PCB area, I would highly recommend you stay here. If I am ever in the PCB area again, I will undoubtably stay here.

Room Tip: Request upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for the fantastic review. We do hope that you get to come back to Panama City and stay with us again. Have a great day!