Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Melbourne, Florida
“Pretty Nice”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I stayed here for 2 weeks. I had a king size bed. The room was clean and comfortable. All rooms are non-smoking which meant I had to go downstairs to smoke which was no big deal. I would stay here again due to its proximity to Tyndall AFB and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newport News, VA
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Staying at this hotel was a great experience. I was TDY to Tyndall AFB during my stay here. The staff were great, the room was clean, I have no complaints whatsoever. The maid cleaned my room and made the bed every day, provided fresh towels, and soap, shampoo, etc. The breakfast buffet was very good too. At the end of the day, there were fresh cookies at the check-in desk for the weary travelers. The computer connection at the lobby's computer worked with lightning speed. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2008
Panama City, FL
Reviewed February 14, 2007

OMG! This hotel is amazing! My fiance and I are actually sitting in this hotel right now. FREE high speed internet!! We stayed here tonight, on Valentines day to get away from everything at home. I love this hotel. We got a jacuzzi suite, very very nice but expensive. With tax i think it cost us 170 dollars for one night. We have a HUGE bathroom with marble countertops, a down comforter on our HUGE king size bed. A chair and ottoman....just very very nice. The best hotel i've ever stayed at!!!!! All the other reviewrs probably didnt get a great hotel room, but how could they not, this place is BRAND NEW!!! I asked for a late check out and gotit, its great!

Stayed February 2007
Pontiac, MO
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Stayed at this hotel four nights in July. Upon check-in, discovered the refrigerator was not working, had to be replaced. Later, discovered the air conditioner was leaking water onto the floor--it also had to be replaced. Broken night light in bathroom hair dryer kept flashing off and on all night. Did not report it. Last day, went swimming in a very small outdoor pool. The pool limit was 20 people. My wife and I were there, as were three other hotel guests. Also in the pool and hot tub area were two women and ten children, who were apparently family members of a hotel employee. Made it difficult for guests to enjoy the pool or hot tub, which had a limit of six people. Breakfast bar was adequate but in the four mornings we ate there, they were often low, or completely out of items. Have had no response to a complaint filed with the hotel chain so it is my feeling the management of the hotel really does not care what customers think of their establishment.

• Liked — Not very much.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank bushlamo

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

I was traveling to Panama City with 4 future family members. We had booked a suite hotel room the week before we left. When we arrived the receptionist told us that our room had been given to a woman and her 4 kids!

We asked if there were any other rooms available. There were no other suites available. We were told that we could get 2 regular rooms but that we would be charged more than the suite price. We declined and instead took a single regular room. They then charged us the suite price for the single room! After much debate they finally knocked $10 off the price of the single room.

They never offered any apologies for their mistakes and said they could do nothing more because the manager was out. We were told the manager would be back the following morning. However, the next morning we checked back in with the receptionist only to find out that the manager had stopped by for only a few minutes at 7:00 and then left for vacation!

The hotel itself was decent. It is a fairly new hotel but nothing fancy. To compensate for 5 people in 2 double bed room we were given a rollaway. We had to place the rollaway, which I slept on, in between the two beds, thus forming a giant megabed, because there was nowhere else in the room where it could be fully extended. The rollaway was barely 1inch thick and I had springs poking into my back no matter which way I turned (sorry for the venting!)!

Right before we checked out we found out that they had somehow charged us too much again! We got it back down to what they had agreed upon but they still did not apologize for their mistakes. Our complaints to the Holiday Inn Company have, as of yet, gotten no response. We will not be staying at another Holiday Inn again until we here from them!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2006

In my years of travelling, I simply had the most horrific experience with a hotel. I made a reservation with the hotel and when I arrived they confirmed my reservation but informed me that they had no rooms left. I can certainly understand that hotels can be over booked at times, thus I simply asked the manager on duty as to my options. THe response? A shoulder shrug with a tip that there is a motel down the street that MAY have rooms available. I asked what the Holiday Inn typically does in this type of situation and if there was a standard protocol to assist me with an alternate reservation and transportation. Seems logical right? The response: "What am I supposed to do? The motel is not that long of a walk." WALK! Well I do not need to tell people travelling here on vacation that one of the attributes of this area is heat. While it is terrific when in a shorts and on the way to the beach, when it is 95 degrees (with 3 bags) and dressed in a suit, the idea of walking albeit 1 mile is not exactly appealing.

As any angry customer would do, I called the Holiday Inn customer care team and explained the situation in excrutating details (i admire them for their patience). I should point out that the manager did not offer use of a phone ( i had to use my own cell). In the end they explained that they would find equivalent accomodations, pay for the room, and get me transportation. Great! I figured I must have just experienced an below average manager at the property.

Well...45 minutes later the cab never showed up. I called (on my cell phone again) to find that the cab company had not been informed of the pickup. They also told me it would take an hour to get there (apparently cabs are not overly eager to take someone a mere 1 mile). In frustration I decided to take my bags and walk.

When I arrived at the motel, the front desk person was waiting and provided a room. She asked how I would be paying so i explained that the Holiday Inn would be picking this up etc. I went upstairs and went to bed.

About 2:30AM the front deak called my room informed me that the Holiday Inn REFUSED to pay for the room.

Floored.

I called my friends at customer relations and they explained that there was nothing they could do if the GM of the Holiday Inn would not coorperate. They called him directly and he naturally agreed to pay, but when it came time to make good, he refused again.

I fell asleep and left early for a meeting. I felt guilty not paying for the room in the AM, but I was short on time and vowed to help them get reimbursed later. Which is what I am doing this morning.

I attempted to call the GM, but he naturally refused to take my call. I called customer relations and they told me that they would take care of it. They also explained that they fined the hotel for refusing to abide by policy.

So what is left for me to do? tell as many people as possible about my horrible experience.

thanks for listening and safe travels!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2006

I stayed one night recently on my way through Panama City. This is a very nice hotel, convenient to Tyndall AFB. The room was very well appointed. Traveling with a friend, I wish the king room had a loveseat instead of one easy chair, but overall, the room was very nice. The bed was great, very comfortable. Check-in was friendly and easy. I didn't have time for breakfast before I left, but it looked good and I will try it next time. I am delighted that the entire hotel is nonsmoking! I liked this hotel so well, that I have booked a room there for two more trips this summer.

• Stayed June 2006