“Fantastic food!!! It's unfortunate the service is so terrible.”
Review of Everest Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Everest Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food here is always delicious (certainly a new favorite!). The owner is extremely courteous to customers and attentive. However, the waitress is TERRIBLE--to the point that it just ruins the whole experience. If I eat here in the future, I will be ordering it to go!

1  Thank TasteTheWildAir

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Very good. Loved the chicken curry and the naan. Exactly how I remembered Indian food. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am born in the UK but Punjabi, in Panama City on vacation and can recommend the food at this Indian restaurant, very tasty, I asked for medium hot and it was cooked really well, the channa masala and butter chicken is very good. The decor doesn't look much but it's a clean restaurant with good staff. Compliments to the chef.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Some of the food was really good, some was just ok.

The service was terrible. The waitress was clearly intoxicated and she couldn't do anything right. And she only had two tables.
She kept dropping things (even on people), kept making excuses for her mistakes, messed up different orders and never rifilled drinks!
By the time we got done eating there were a few people in the restaurant, and the atmosphere was just awkward: the staff had no idea on how to handle not even 20 people!

It took us almost 20 minutes to get our check and had to wait longer to get change!

I don't think I will be going back anytime soon!
If they had good service it would be worth it, but not with the current staff!

1  Thank Gulfcoastfood
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I saw an ad in the local paper about Everest on the day we happened to be driving through Panama City, and then we noticed it occupying a small space on a corner lot. Humble on the outside and diner-like on the inside, it seemed to fit my idea of a quick lunch place. We were greeted by a couple of friendly staff members and, being that it was still early, no one else. We sat right down and got our drink order in - I had to try the Indian beers, and both were pretty good lagers. A light appetizer arrived quickly and had the most wonderful fresh nan with some mildly spicy fixings. Very tasty. And the soup (khopa) was perfect - creamy coconut and tomato blend - which does not actually sound that great but had a wonderful flavor. We both had entrees that included some curry flavors with chicken and rice, and both had just the right amount of everything. Perfect lunch portions matched with good solid flavor and none of the over-the-top spiciness I've experienced in other places. My wife loved her dish. We always discuss if this could be recreated at home, and this is one of those styles of cooking that tends to make us think we are better off going out to find. After a nice little dessert, we received a nice little bill that reminded us that the lunch special was all-inclusive (except for the beers). Bottom line is that the food was very good, service very nice, price low, and value is top notch. If we find ourselves cruising through the city again around lunch time and feeling hungry, we will definitely consider stopping in and trying a couple of new dishes.