“Typical motel”

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Suisun City
“Typical motel”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet and breakfast. We got a nice room and the staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was as usual, eggs, sausage, etc. they were out of food, but quickly brought us hot eggs and sausage.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I found first and most of all the staff at this site OUSTANDING! I have traveled to many places and stayed in many hotels/motels that said they were handicapped equipped and were not! However much to my surprise and delight the Comfort Inn in Panama City went beyond my expectations. While the bathroom and room itself were totally acessible it did not look like a sterile hospital room that some places find themselves doing. I was totally pleased with this Comfort Inn from check in to check out! This was my first time staying in a Comfort Inn and because of the acessibality for me I willl definitely try to find one on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jo R
Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed one night and compared to other area hotels this one didn't not seem to be overrun with unruly spring breakers. Staff was hospitable/ friendly. Typical older Comfort inn.. quasi dated but would not consider horrible. Breakfast was so so.. again typical of what you get at less than stellar/ not new Comfort Inns. Price (89.00) was okay considering time of year but as previous rater indicated, more like a $69.00 value. Would not sty again as better hotels in area at approx same price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Locust Fork Alabama
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the comfort inn Panama City Florida for just one night. I'd say it's just ok or average. It's an older hotel with outside doors that has been renovated. I can't find a really good reason to stay their but it wasn't so terrible that I wouldn't stay their if I needed to.. We paid $89 a night. It felt more like a $69 a night hotel. This is just a fair hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel on 1/22/13 for a visit to PCB 3/12 to 3/14/13 for $89.99 per night. On 3/11/13, I received an email stating as I requested, my hotel had been canceled. I did not initiate this cancellation. I immediately called & was told they tried running my card on Sunday 3/10/13 and the charge would not go through. To this date, I still do not know if they even attempted to charge my card and if they did why it didn’t go through. I told the gentleman (& I use this term loosely) to please try again that the card is fine & we would be arriving on 3/12/13. He then proceeds to tell me I would have to start over with a new reservation and the room is now $129.99. I advised him the Guarantee policy did not state they would attempt to charge my card unless I did not show for the reservation in which they would then charge me after 7:00 am the next day after my scheduled arrival date. I declined to re-book with them as I truly feel they only canceled my reservation to charge more money for the room since it was spring break. Upon looking at the Expedia, Travelocity & Choice.com, the room I had booked was listed at $169.99 & did rise to $224.99 per night. The hotel was listed as sold out on all websites within 24 hours with the last list price as $224.99.

The supervisor was extremely rude and disrespectful. I did ask for his manager & refused to give me his contact info. He stated I could leave my number & the manager could chose to contact me back if he wanted. I have been using Choice Hotels for years for business and personal travel and have never experienced an issue like this before. I also feel quite certain the franchise will frown upon this business practice when they receive my complaint. At least, I certainly hope they will.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisamay314

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Where do I begin??? My boyfriend and four of my other friends stayed in this hotel for spring break.NOTE TO ALL SPRING BREAKERS: They charge an extra fee of 10 dollars a night PER PERSON to stay there on spring break. The manager specifically told us that they do this charge for the month of March for all the spring breakers that come in. It ended up being an extra 53 dollars PER PERSON on top of the expenses for the room. So thats one reason to stay at a hotel on the strip in panama city beach because it costs about the same and the hotels on the strip are a lot nicer! If I could do it all over again, I'd spend my money on a hotel on front beach road ( the strip)...especially since thats where everything happens anyways.
The hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures. I've stayed at plenty of comfort inns before and they've always been really nice. This place looked like a broken down motel and it smelled sooo bad! This hotel smelled like mildew, the water that came from the shower head always turned yellow at some point of the shower, and the toilet hardly ever flushed. We had to flush it five times just for it to flush completely. And they gave me and my friends a room that is designed for handicapped people which made the stay a bit uncomfortable because we had no tub...just a shower head with a curtain. When we took a shower, water went everywhere and seeped into the carpet.
The people at the front desk, including the manager, were ALWAYS rude. You ask them to do something, they'd say something like "We don't have any more" or "It's too late in the day for us to bring pillows for you" They were sooooo lazy! I always caught the manager asleep behind the front desk whenever I went to get something. To top it all off, they argued and yelled at me when I had a complaint about bugs in my mattress. They told me there was nothing they could do at the moment.
Panama City Beach is too nice of a place to stay in a dump like this. Take your money and stay somewhere faaaaar away from this place. But if you do decide to stay here...good luck! I warned you.

Room Tip: Ask to not stay in a room designated for handicapped people