Quality Inn And Suites Panama City
$79
Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$126
$114
GardenInn.com
TownePlace Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$129
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$105
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$178
ComfortSuites
$57
Red Roof Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$85
$83
TripAdvisor
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$95
Holiday Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$119
HolidayInn.com
$80
SuburbanHotels
All reviewsroom was cleangood nights sleepone night staystay there againmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel on 1/22/13 for a visit to PCB 3/12 to 3/14/13 for $89.99 per night. On 3/11/13, I received an email stating as I requested, my hotel had been canceled. I did not initiate this cancellation. I immediately called & was told they tried running my card on Sunday 3/10/13 and the charge would not go through. To this date, I still do not know if they even attempted to charge my card and if they did why it didn’t go through. I told the gentleman (& I use this term loosely) to please try again that the card is fine & we would be arriving on 3/12/13. He then proceeds to tell me I would have to start over with a new reservation and the room is now $129.99. I advised him the Guarantee policy did not state they would attempt to charge my card unless I did not show for the reservation in which they would then charge me after 7:00 am the next day after my scheduled arrival date. I declined to re-book with them as I truly feel they only canceled my reservation to charge more money for the room since it was spring break. Upon looking at the Expedia, Travelocity & Choice.com, the room I had booked was listed at $169.99 & did rise to $224.99 per night. The hotel was listed as sold out on all websites within 24 hours with the last list price as $224.99.

The supervisor was extremely rude and disrespectful. I did ask for his manager & refused to give me his contact info. He stated I could leave my number & the manager could chose to contact me back if he wanted. I have been using Choice Hotels for years for business and personal travel and have never experienced an issue like this before. I also feel quite certain the franchise will frown upon this business practice when they receive my complaint. At least, I certainly hope they will.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisamay314
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Where do I begin??? My boyfriend and four of my other friends stayed in this hotel for spring break.NOTE TO ALL SPRING BREAKERS: They charge an extra fee of 10 dollars a night PER PERSON to stay there on spring break. The manager specifically told us that they do this charge for the month of March for all the spring breakers that come in. It ended up being an extra 53 dollars PER PERSON on top of the expenses for the room. So thats one reason to stay at a hotel on the strip in panama city beach because it costs about the same and the hotels on the strip are a lot nicer! If I could do it all over again, I'd spend my money on a hotel on front beach road ( the strip)...especially since thats where everything happens anyways.
The hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures. I've stayed at plenty of comfort inns before and they've always been really nice. This place looked like a broken down motel and it smelled sooo bad! This hotel smelled like mildew, the water that came from the shower head always turned yellow at some point of the shower, and the toilet hardly ever flushed. We had to flush it five times just for it to flush completely. And they gave me and my friends a room that is designed for handicapped people which made the stay a bit uncomfortable because we had no tub...just a shower head with a curtain. When we took a shower, water went everywhere and seeped into the carpet.
The people at the front desk, including the manager, were ALWAYS rude. You ask them to do something, they'd say something like "We don't have any more" or "It's too late in the day for us to bring pillows for you" They were sooooo lazy! I always caught the manager asleep behind the front desk whenever I went to get something. To top it all off, they argued and yelled at me when I had a complaint about bugs in my mattress. They told me there was nothing they could do at the moment.
Panama City Beach is too nice of a place to stay in a dump like this. Take your money and stay somewhere faaaaar away from this place. But if you do decide to stay here...good luck! I warned you.

Room Tip: Ask to not stay in a room designated for handicapped people
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suenalie
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Spent 2 visits here when seeing my daughter graduate. The got the same room even! It was uniquely designed to utilize the corners of the shaped room. It was SOOOOO nice and comfy. Service was great and the breakfest in the morning was very well also!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We chose a Comfort Inn because it is a well-known chain and we had had a good experience staying at one in Pelham, AL, the week before on our way to Florida. They're pretty much all the same, right?! My first thought upon seeing the property was that we must be at the wrong hotel because it looked NOTHING like the picture! I guess you can make anything look good by photoshopping out the surroundings and adding a sunset! Very deceptive picture! I have to say, the front desk clerk was very helpful, but that was as good as it got. I knew as soon as I opened the door that it was not going to be good. The smell was horrible!! I can't even explain it! It smelled like a combination of mildew and carpet cleaning chemical! The bathtub and sink area had been updated and were fairly nice, but the toilet seat looked circa 1986!!! It was actually yellowed and worn down and bubbled in spots! Why they didn't replace that is beyond me! I was afraid to use it! Unbelievable! The carpet just felt dirty and my teenagers and I did not want to take our shoes off! in fact, they even showered with sandals on, even though the tub had been updated! The breakfast was average but I had no complaints because it was free. The actual eating area, though, is extremely small (I think there was 3 tables) and when all the families started coming in, it was difficult to maneuver around. My daughter had to eat in the room because there was no room for her to sit. The final straw, though, was when we were all in our room getting ready (about 8:30a.m.) and a hotel employee opened up the door and started to come in! I'm sure she was as surprised as we were! When I went up and asked about it, they had assumed when my sister-in-law had checked out earlier (they wanted to get out a.s.a.p.!), that we had checked out, too! Again, the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but this was one of our worst hotel experiences ever! Will not stay here again!

On a side note, we wanted to stay another night in Panama Beach and we happened to pass another Comfort Inn and Suites (on R Jackson Blvd. - highly recommend!) about 2 blocks from the beach that looked very nice. We stopped in and for only about $35 more we had a beautiful room with 2 queen beds and a nice sitting area - and it smelled great! Compared to the previous night, it felt like we were staying at a luxury hotel! Definitely check that one out!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joli06
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you ever ventured into finding a cheap yet acceptable place to stay around Panama City, you probably know how horrible are most hotels/motels that go under 90$ a night in the area. My friends and I went through this very quest and it soon became clear that 70$ would only buy us a disgusting room with lumpy mattresses in the most undesirable location. Fortunately, we shopped long enough to find the Comfort Inn & Suites.

Contrary to most cheap hotels/motels in the area, the Comfort Inn feels safe and looks on par with today's standards in the hotel industry. Upon checking in (late at night), we were greeted by a front desk clerk who was efficient, helpful and professional. While parking our car, we were NOT stared at by weird-looking patrons loitering in the parking lot...

Our room had clearly been remodeled in the past 5 years and was large enough to comfortably accommodate a party of three. It was equipped with a flat screen TV, a mini-fridge, a microwave oven, a sofa bed, an iron and a coffee maker. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and functional.

Included in our rate was a free breakfast every morning. It was rather basic but certainly adequate. Also, free coffee is served 24hrs a day in the lobby.

However, the management should pay closer attention to details, especially in the rooms. For instance, our door's safety lock was missing. There were two telephones in the room, yet only one was working - and it was quite grimy. Some bedsheets had cigarette burns.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends