“Boatyard No More”
Review of Boatyard Restaurant - CLOSED

Boatyard Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place closed in Dec. 2013 - supposed to come back at a different location. Wasn't very good when compared to the Shrimp Boat and Saltwater Grill.

2  Thank stillerfaninfl

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited the Boatyard based on the recommendations of our rental property owner and we were not disappointed. It was the busy Labor Day weekend so we did have to wait probably 30 minutes to get a table at dinner. I had the fry platter which was awesome and huge. It came with fried fish, clams, and shrimp, along with french fries and she had a shrimp dish. Both were very good and we took some home because I honestly couldn't eat all of it, and that doesn't happen very often. It was not a cheap dinner but the amount of food gave it some value and it was really good the next day as well. I am glad we got to go to the Boatyard before they could close to transfer locations. At night, it is a great place to have a drink or bite to eat.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

With Boatyard about to close in order to build a new restaurant across the lagoon, we had to go just before they closed. We are locals, and Boatyard is one of the Top 5 in town. Everything about Boatyard is top-notch...location on the water, service, entertainment, drinks, bar staff, and of course the food. My wife had sesame coated grilled tuna and it was excellent. And my stew with mushrooms was very rich and flavorful. We couldn't help but stealing bites from each other's plate. Yes, Boatyard is a little pricey, but if you wanted to impress a date and both have a good time and an excellent meal, then Boatyard is the place to go. I can't wait until they open the new place!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were here in 2010 when the media was saying the oil spill was ruining the gulf beaches. Must of the area was nearly deserted of tourism, but the beaches were just perfect. It was mid-October and for my birthday my wife took me to the Boatyard. It was just out of this world. The food was great. We sat along the outside of the dinning area and watched a fishing ship, right beside on at the dock, unload fresh fish from their early morning catch.

After that experience we couldn't wait to come back again. This time it is mid-December and the weather is down in the mid to low 60's. Much different than the 75 or 80 we had in 2010, but ...

The food is just as good.
The staff is just as attentive.
There are not the crowds you experience at other times of the year.
You can have a quiet romantiic atmosphere.

It's different than the last time, but still just as great. Next time to Panama City Beach, we'll be heading straight to the Boatyard.

1  Thank DSStephens
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just had to have a last lunch before they close their doors. Hopefully they will reopen nearby and sooner, rather than later. They serve a mean fresh Tuna Dip and Chips to get you started. The Cuban Sandwich, served with fries (I opted for Sweet Potato Fries), was exactly like you get in Miami. Yum. Then to top it off, they're quite well-known for their decadent Key Lime Pie on a Stick. Just imagine a nice wedge of Key Lime Pie dipped in Chocolate and chilled. I can't say enough about how scrumptious it is. Double yum. Sad to see you go, Boatyard, and hope to see you back soon.

1  Thank Traveler10102