“Delicious Seafood; Delightful Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boatyard Restaurant - CLOSED

Boatyard Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cleveland
“Delicious Seafood; Delightful Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had the Ashley Adams, Mona Lisa, and Pepper Crusted Tuna sushi appetizers and couldn’t get enough… while the proportion were generous, we just wanted MORE! The tuna was the freshest and finest grade I’ve experienced. For dinner, the Grouper, Mahi-Mahi, and Grilled Redfish with… my choice – Gouda Grits and Fried Plantains! Getting hungry just thinking about it! The freshness and quality of our seafood entrees where just as delicious as the appetizers – excellent, kudos to the chef and manager! They’ve got a great outside bar area and a casual dining area overlooking the bay that makes for a wonderful evening – without too many tourists. This is a local’s hangout – so don’t tell anyone! I look forward to a return visit.

MN
“Best Meal of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a 6 hour fishing tour with Captain Mike, we had our fresh catch cleaned and brought to the Boatyard to be prepared. The fish cannot get any fresher!!! For $9/person they cook the fish to your liking (grilled, blackened, or fried) and get a choice of 2 family side dishes. The Cheese Grits are to die for!!!! The food was awesome! The service was a bit on the slow side - being they were not real busy. We made room for dessert, which also was delicious -- cheesecake rocks!!! I definitely recommend the Boatyard for a dining experience while in the PCB area ... a MUST if you go fishing and have a fresh catch that needs to be prepared.

Florida
“Restaurant came highly recommended...not sure why?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently had dinner at the Boatyard on a girls weekend with 6 of my friends. We had breakfast with a local one morning, and she highly recommended "The Boatyard" for us to have dinner, and said the fish tacos were great. We all went to the restaurant on a Saturday night, about 9:00, and had a 40 minute wait. Once we were seated, it was nice, but, I didn't see the view everyone talks about? Granted it was night, but, we were in the first room on the left, and wicker chairs aren't too comfy to sit in I have concluded! Once we got our menu, Fish Tacos weren't on the menu, so we asked our server, and she said that they are served for lunch, but, that we could get a larger portion for dinner. I'm not a big fish eater except for grouper, so I had no interest in trying the fish tacos, as they are made with "trigger fish"? I ordered the filet mignon, but all of my friends ordered the fish tacos and a salad. They thought the tacos were okay, but not the best. I tried one bite, and the seasoning on the fish was very salty to me. My steak however was really good. I wasn't crazy about the side items that I was offered with my steak? Rice, beans or sweet potato fries. Our service was very slow, and you had to flag someone down to get a drink refill and a bill. Perhaps we came on a bad night, but, I just wasn't sure why this came so highly recommended?

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great Bay Side Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to relax and enjoy the water. We recently had dinner at the Boatyard with four other family members. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed their entrees. Our personal favorite is the Fried Shrimp You Cannot Live Without. My sister in law had the seared Tuna, it was wonderful. One of our favorite places to go when we are in Panama City Beach.

• Visited April 2013
Andalusia, AL
“Good place for cocktails but meal was average!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The Boatyard has a great atmosphere but the food was mediocre. I had the grilled Wahoo and it was good however the lemon pepper overpowered it. My better half had egg and Parmesan dusted grouper cheeks. The grouper was delish but the egg masked the wonderful fish. I will say that the Gouda grits that the cheeks were sitting on we're lovely. A little Giuda goes a long way!!! They offer sushi I might go back for that