“Good food and great atmosphere”
Review of Boatyard Restaurant - CLOSED

Boatyard Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate here late at night and the food was great. We enjoyed listening to the music upstairs while we ate. Very kid friendly place.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Maybe we just went on the wrong night. I'm not going back to find out. We arrived at six p.m. We were told there would be a one hour wait. We said that was o.k. because we would wait at the bar. After one hour we were still waiting. Then we were told only thing avaliable was outside. We said that was fine. (There were only two in our party, my husband and myself.) We were placed at a table outside in a corner next to the air conditioning unit. It was overcast so it wasn't hot outside. But the a.c. unit put off heat an we burnt up sitting there. We ordered our meal and it took 45 minutes to get it. Food was pretty good. Have had better, have had worse. Ended up being 8:30 before we left the restaurant. Was not a enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm so happy we went back to the Boatyard this year! We had our wedding reception dinner there in 2009 and had an amazing dinner and great experience. But the past two years, the food and service have been sub-par. This year - we decided to give it on last chance and went back on our anniversary. I could NOT be happier!! The services was spot on, the place was spotless and our food was delicious! I had the Mahi Mahi and "a few" Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Martini's. YUM! thanks Boatyard for making our anniversary as special as our wedding day :) Keep up the good work. we'll see you next year.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sat up on the second desk with a great view of the setting sun over Grand Lagoon. Watched numerous boats arrive at the docks, which are located directly under the second deck. I had the Atlantic Salmon with feta cheese and spinach - very nice. My wife had the Lobster with angle hair pasta, sweet peppers, and basil in a white wine butter sauce. It also was very nice, except a little too much sauce (about 1inch deep in the bowl). The wine selection is okay. The total bill, with 3 glasses of wine total, was $82 for the two of us. Living in Panama City, this was my first visit. I would not go back on a regular basis, due to the cost, but for someplace different on occasions, I would certainly return.

1  Thank GNPHiker
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Wonderful food, but a little expensive for a family on a budget. I did enjoy sitting outside near the bay.