“A nice little deli style restaurant”

Sweet Magnolia's Deli
Ranked #63 of 272 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Had lunch here with a coworker. He had the Reuben, I had a club. Both good sized with ample filling. He had a cup of the cheesy potato soup and I had the chicken/sausage gumbo. The gumbo was a little light for my taste (I prefer a darker broth) but was very good.
Sandwiches come with a side salad (pasta for me) that was not bad too.
Didn't try the dessert, was pleasantly full just from the sandwich and soup. I actually only ate half the sandwich, I was so full. took the rest home with me.
Overall a nice little place to have lunch. Waitresses were all very friendly. Food came out in a tolerable amount of time. Not super fast, but I wasn't looking at my watch either.
Overall, recommended!

Reviewed August 16, 2010

My first time eating at sweet magnolias I was really charmed by the atmosphere, it's very relaxed and friendly. The menu is simple but perfect for lunchtime. Their potato salad is the best I have ever tasted. The dessert tray is amazing. I had a lemon blueberry cake that was delicious. I've heard their coconut cake is awesome.
Be warned you may have to wait for a table - this is obviously a very popular dining spot and it gets very busy.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Great place! Lovely owners :) Wonderful sweet waitresses, one a little cranky, yummy delicious food, soup, and that dessert tray (WOW) what a display of homemade desserts! The soup is the best homemade soup around. A little pricey, but worth it... Cozy, cute decorative place also! I absolutely love Sweet Magnolia's!

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Went last week. Hadn't been in awhile. Watched one of the servers behind the counter cut up some fruit with her bare hands, eat some and then serve to a customer. She never washed her hands. YUK!!
Sandwiches are cooked in the microwave. Soup taste like it came out of the can.
Why go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Great desserts. Go early or you have to wait for a seat. Only takes cash.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook