“Hotdogs”

Tom's Hot Dogs
Ranked #16 of 268 Restaurants in Panama City
“Hotdogs”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

There are very few old fashioned hot dog counters left. The food is basic but good. It is worth the effort if you just happen to be in old downtown Panama City.

Visited July 2014

Panama City, Florida
“Was hoping for so much more”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've heard nothing but great things about this place in all my 43 years of living here in Panama City. Well, my 10 year old son and I decided to try it out. We went about 3 on a Saturday afternoon. It was a little crowded but we did find a seat. Two ladies were working behind the counter and not one acknowledged us waiting to give our order. Our order was 2 chili cheese foot longs with 2 medium cokes. $14.50...what? That's absurd! While seated I was on the phone and one of the ladies brings our tray to us. I mention while Im on the phone that the order was not correct. I repeated it again but, she just left to go back to the counter. We were given 3 foot longs instead of the 2 we ordered. The 3rd hotdog sat on the table while we finished up our dogs and the other lady comes to our table and asked if we ordered 3 dogs. I told her no and she grabbed the dog up and threw it in the garbage. This hotdog was never touched or taken off the tray by us. I was in disbelief. Now, I know that you wouldn't reserve this food to someone else but, to just throw it away??? She should have asked me if i wanted it or if someone else would like it. I know that someone in there would have taken it or I would have a least taken it home. What a waste of food when you could have easily feed someone with that. Now, I hate to get started on the quality of the food. The dogs were yuck! The chili was terrible (not mention there were no beans in the chili) the cheese was some fake cut up sliced cheese laid on the dog. Also, my dog was burnt on one side of it that I could barely get my fork through it. What a disappointment our experience was. I would have much rather gone to Sonic and got a foot long chili & cheese dog with tots for $2.99. Maybe their hamburgers are good but I wont be back to try it. Sorry, not sorry.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Stacie G
“Still fabulous”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My 7 year old son has darn near grown up eating their offerings.. great fresh burgers, dogs etc... I have hurt myself on several visits but its was well worth the after discomfort... NICE WORK GANG

1 Thank 63vett
“Great local spot”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Tom's is a great spot for a quick local lunch. The turkey dogs, chili cheese dogs, and burgers are outstanding. It helps to know to eat early (or late), the dining area is small and cannot seat too many people. Be patient with the line and the to-the-point cashiers and sit back and enjoy local lunch at its finest. You have to try it!

Lynn Haven, Florida
“Great Dogs & Burgers”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband loves their burgers! I really like the dog with chili. It doesn't look like much at first... but dig in and enjoy!!

Visited May 2014