“The Best Calzone in Panama City”

Pana Roma Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #12 of 276 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to most of the "authentic" Italian restaurants in Panama City and haven't found one that matches the quality, authenticity, and warmth of Pana Roma. The calzone, stromboli, and pizzas are simply the best in town (and even out of town). Everything is made fresh, including the calzone (some "popular" pizzerias in Panama City will bake their calzones ahead of time and then cut them open and fill with the desired ingredients before re-heating and serving). But not Pana Roma...everything is baked fresh and served hot. I haven't had any of the pasta dishes (can't get enough calzone), but I'm sure that they're amazing also.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The pizza is awesome. I've eaten pizza near the Trevi Fountain in Rome. This is as close as it gets! The spaghetti is great. The Tony's Sub is AWESOME. It's my favorite!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been eating at Pana Roma when it was in the Mall and at the nice restaurant Carmella and Tony opened next to Hobby Lobby. I and some friends eat there every Monday afternoon and we look forward to having a great meal and talking to Carmella and Tony. The service is excellent and reasonably priced. You just cannot beat this small, friendly Italian restaurant!

Gary Cooper
Panama City, FL

Reviewed September 24, 2012

What originally got me to try Pana Roma was some pizza I had at a party. It was awesome, and for a long time, that is all I ever ordered there. Then I tried the calzone and it was equally impressive. So now we eat there at least once a week. My son's are both addicted to the place too.

Recently I discovered their muffaletta is the best I've ever had!

For a quick lunch or nice dinner, both at reasonable prices, I cannot recommend Pana Roma highly enough.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had a slice of pizza. It tasted great but I didn't like that the toppings were just piled on and fell off every time I took a bite. That is the only negative. Our entire party loved their meal. Our waitress went above and beyond to make a meal a pleasant one. I recommend stopping in if you are in the area.