American Quality Lodge Panama City
$91
Country Inn
$105
QualityInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$110
Red Roof Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$95
$139
$114
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$144
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$120
SuburbanHotels
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$105
$99
ComfortInn
$144
$100
All reviewsroom was cleanguest laundryspring breakhousekeeping staffpanama city beachmercedes
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It smelled like a dead ferret when we walked in. There are furry things growing from our ceiling. There are cinder block walks painted white and the ceilings are disgusting. The bathroom is very dirty and you must wear shoes at all times. Don't go barefoot on the carpet. My friends and I all got sick from the diseases coming off the sheets and it's disgusting here. But if you want a good laugh go ahead and book yourself a room.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Michellemcalpine
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

I am sorry that you feel that your stay with us was less than adequate. I hope that while you were here you brought your concerns to the attention of Management and our Housekeeping Department. This would have given us the opportunity to evaluate your concerns so that we could have made your stay more enjoyable. I can assure you that your sheets did not have any type of diseases as they are laundered per regulation standards. We are an older hotel and all of our rooms do have cinder block walls. Many of the comments our guests leave with our Front Desk Staff are that our rooms are 'quaint'.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

It has got to be tough to operate an aging Motel...In it's day this motel must have been the BOMB! Kids jumping in the pool, moms sunning themselves poolside on aluminium tubed and web strapped chaise lounges. Dads spreading out the ESSO road map on the hood of the 1959 Ford Galaxy 500 planning the next leg of the trip. Well, that was 1960.

Fast forward to last weekend... the room was so filled with the smell of cigarettes is was almost unlivable. I had ordered a non-smoking room but with everyone smoking in the rooms around me the fumes must have been coming through the concrete walls. There were holes in walls from where it appears a prior "guest" ripped the hair dryer off. Tiles were missing from the bathroom floor and the floor under the sink was dirty (looked like maybe tar) and sink was missing the popup. The blanket appeared dirty with dark spots or it may have been cigarette burns. The "room plaque" that is required to be on the back of the door was missing. One of the chairs was broken and the other was spotted with lord knows what so I sat on a towel. Chairs in the lobby we broken and cushions soiled with grease. There were ne'er-do-wells hanging around (it's also an extended stay) which even made me sleep with one eye open. With all the noise going on 'til 3 in the morning I got NO sleep. Read Tracy A's "bad stay" review. It says it all!

Ok, now the positives: The staff and front desk clerks were friendly and smiling. They include free coffee served in the lobby with your stay. The room had a new HVAC wall unit as well as a new mini fridge and microwave. I found the mattress comfortable. TV worked fine. The water pressure was Awesome. It's an easy 10 minute walk Gulf Coast State College (where I was taking a weekend class. Not having enough sleep was not helpful though). The price was the main reason I picked this motel so don't expect the Radisson.

Here are my suggestions to the proud "American Owners": go to Goodwill and replace the crapped out furniture. Reserve some upgraded nonsmoking rooms aside for guests who come to you from online sources (I used American Airlines website). Paint one of the cinder block walls a pastel color (a la Miami Vice). While at Goodwill look for beach themed pictures that you can bolt to the wall. Encourage repeat business! You want your guests to return so check out your competition and provide better customer service than they do.

Being in the Navy I've woken up in some strange places in my life. But I won't be back to this motel, I'm afraid.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HavanaHal
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and suggestions. As the new General Manager, I appreciate your lovely comments regarding our friendly staff.

We are doing renovations, at the moment, and I am very sorry that you did not get the opportunity to experience one of our upgraded rooms. Our Front Desk staff are being given wonderful comments regarding our 'new' rooms.

We do understand that sometimes noise can be a problem in hotels. Before I arrived at this property, noise was an issue. I am very pleased that It has lessened dramatically over the past few months. I am truly sorry that it happened to flare up while you were with us.

Should you ever be back in our area, to visit the College or vacation across the bridge at the beach, we hope that you will give us another try. Our renovations should be completed soon and I know you will enjoy our newly upgraded rooms.

Thank you again for your comments and suggestions.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

When I searched for a hotel I found the prices to be better at this hotel than the others. The room was basic and clean and included a small refrigerator and microwave which was good. There is a coin laundry room and game room that I liked too.There is pool but it's too cold outside to think about swimming. The hotel was pretty busy and the people who worked there were very friendly.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room by the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Taylor L
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I have recently taken over this hotel and am so glad to read that the changes we are making are being noticed. We hope that on your next visit to our hotel you will see even bigger and better improvements. Thank you again for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us, your efforts in posting are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Do not stay here! it's the hood of Panama. disgusting! yucko! dirty and scary! loud! you can hear your neighbors thru the cinderblock walls!! keep going. I've learned my lesson to book on line!!!!!!!! the door barely shut. looked like someone had broke in before. ! everything smelled of smoke in the lobby. furniture was dirty too.

Room Tip: go over the bridge!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy A
valulodge, Guest Relations Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear of the difficulties you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies for these shortcomings. Again, I greatly appreciate your bringing the issues to my attention. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call me.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

place is good for the price, but not five star. weekly prices are the best. they still have the old tube type tv's, but do have a micro/fridge in every room, no coffee makers, and no breakfast, great mexican place across the street, fast food is near, McD's is close and Sonic's not to far. most food place's on 23th street.Beach is not to far, just over bridge, in the summer will take you 10 to 30 minutes longer to get to the beach, in the off season beach is less then ten minutes away

Room Tip: stay on the pool side/office side, for a better nights sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary32417
valulodge, Guest Relations Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review of our American Quality Lodge! We take pride in serving our guests and making sure your time spent in the area is a memorable one!. We are expecting to begin a renovation of our suites sometime this year (More updates to come as we get closer).