“Definite Improvement”

American Quality Lodge Panama City
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed June 6, 2012

There have been a lot of negative reviews of this property, and at the time they may have been well founded. However, my family stayed here this past week, and the new manager has certainly done a lot already to turn it around. Our room was clean and neat, and all of the staff was helpful and courteous. It was quiet, with no problems. Many of the rooms you can see being remodeled and new furniture is replacing the old. The rates are extremely low for Panama City. It is a short drive to the beach, cutting out all of the Panama City traffic, and convenient to stores and restaurants. The management seemed very open to suggestions, and is working hard to change the image of the hotel. It is not the Ritz, but it is a pleasant place to stay and well worth the money,

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter and have less traffic
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This wasn't bad for an overnight stay since I didn't spend much time in the room. The office clerks were friendly and helpful and check in and check out was quick and easy. The room was pretty old but clean. I liked having a microwave and small refigerator to keep my drinks cold. I probably would stay there again for a one night stay. If I was in PC for vacation, I'd probably splerge and spend more money at a resort.

Room Tip: I'd stay in the front facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was honestly the worst experience we have ever had. We checked in and they gave us a room right next to the scariest people ever! I'm pretty open to all walks of life but I was pretty uncomfortable. They were having a party with tons of people and really loud music. Again, I'm pretty laid back but these people were scary. We spoke to them and tried to make it comfortable. We even were friendly to the poor dog tied to the hotel pole by their room. that is when one of them said "Our dog keeps trying to go in your room because we used to live there we just moved". Wow! Ok then we leave for dinner, passing a ton of "deals" going on everywhere. We hid our stuff behind the bed and left the curtains open on purpose. We come back about 4 hours later and the curtains are open and there is TONS of hair in the sink. They are hollering at me and my friend telling us what they are going to do to us and a lot of other really SCARY comments. So we go to the front and after arguing with the front desk guy get our money back and go to another hotel. Unless you like to do drugs and have prostututes around then I advise you DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. It is very dirty and gross and really should be apartments and NOT a hotel for the public. Also, a lady that night at our "new" hotel told us that a little girl was killed there not to long ago. I am telling you DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: "Just do not stay here....whatever you do"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank AngieSmith2017
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have stayed at this particular American Quality Lodge many times. It is the only motel that I have seen roaches in. There were drug deals going on all in the parking lot and prostitutes wondering up and down the corridors. We had our door open at one point and a prostitute stumbled into our room and passed out on one of the beds. We had made reservations to stay in one of the suites in advance, when we arrived (after driving 8 hours) our suite had been rented to someone else and our reservation suddenly did not exist. I remember when this motel was a fine establishment and I would have recommended it to friends and family, now the only advise I have about this place is that it needs an over haul and needs security.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you are looking to buy crack or a prostutute this is the place to go. Even the staff said dont park in the back, park your car so we can see it from the front desk.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patsy C
JoeP2323, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I am also thankful you brought these issues to my attention. I will address these issues with my security personnel and make sure they are taken care of immediately.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This motel worked out for us. It was much cheaper than the other hotels so we got a room for the whole weekend. The room had a small stove, kithen sink and a big refrigerator which we loved. The motel is pretty old but clean and comfy. The pool was a lot of fun and so was the game room with pool tables and ms. pacman. There is a coin laundry which we used and the staff was helpful and friendly. I probably will stay here again if I return to Panama City.

Room Tip: get a room with kitchen and larger fridge
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you are looking for the best price in PC, this is it. It's an older motel but the staff is good and the rooms are cleaner than average. They come with a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker(better coffee in lobby). There is a nice pool and laundry room for the hotel guests. This is a busy place so you'd be best to call for a reservation. It's not the best that PC has but its the best for the price.

Room Tip: I'd ask to face the pool and ask for a minifridge
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo