“A wee bit disappointing”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #28 of 272 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had a $50.00 gift card which was burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to take hubby to Bonefish. We really like their Bang Bang Shrimp but portion shrunk by a couple of shrimp however sauce was still excellent. Also ordered calamari which was about 1/3rd size of when we first started going there and was heavily breaded like a roadside chicken shack fare. The sauce was runny. Not worth going back for. Used to be excellent calamari,what happened? If you order a cocktail tell them very little ice or it will be watery. We sit at the bar so we can watch! have $6.00 left on my gift card.

1  Thank Marcia L

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I rarely eat out because he is a very good cook and we are so often disappointed by the quality of food we get out. However, the Bonefish Grill always hits the nail on the head with their dishes. It is not cheap unless you get the $5 Bang Bang shrimp special but it is worth the price when you come away with a satisfied palate. We would rather go there and spend $50 and be pleased than go somewhere else and spend $35 but be disappointed. It's worth the extra $. The atmosphere is also quite pleasant and the servers are professional at all times.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Great atmosphere. Great everything. I usually get their ahi tuna dinner with a house salad... it's been consistently delicious every time! Their standard on cleanliness goes above and beyond any restaurant I've ever encountered. Big thumbs up!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were in this area of town and decided to see what all the Bonefish Grill hype was all about. I rarely eat in (or review) chain restaurants, but this one is worth the effort.

Though I think the prices are outrageous ( $18 - 25 for an entree in a chain restaurant), the food was fresh and delicious, the shrimp poppers appetizer was incredible, and the service was the best we have seen anywhere in the south. Our server drew a bonefish on each of our take out boxes, labeled each with the name of our dish and wrote the date. Considering the entrees were large enough for two servings, it was a decent value....once I got past the sticker shock.

The atmosphere really is great and surprising for this area of Florida. I'd go back for the service to celebrate a special event, but otherwise almost $70 for dinner for two (no alcohol, one shared appetizer, 2 entrees, and shared dessert) is out of my price range.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

First of all, when you get there...ask for Thomas B to be your waiter. This guy took at least 5 minutes to explain to us everything on the menu. He stayed at out table as long as we were asking questions and never showed any impatience at all! The food here is out of this world, and the service is second to none. They have every angle covered, they can even swipe your debit/credit card at your table to reduce your wait. Can't wait to go back!