“Science and Discovery Center of Northwest Florida”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Science & Discovery Center of Northwest Florida
Ranked #19 of 51 things to do in Panama City
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I grew up in Panama City and loved to go to the Jr. Museum for educational purposes and to see what the flavor of the season for exhibits would be. It is now called the Science and Discovery Center of Northwest Florida. - http://scienceanddiscoverycenter.org/
This is great place for younger children through teens and a fantastic place for Grandparents to take the Grandchildren to give Mom and Dad a break throughout the year. We really enjoy going as a family and love the nature area to look for all kinds of friendly creatures. It is fairly weather friendly as well.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

$7 for this Science Center is pretty high. My 7 & 8 years old went through it in 1 hour. It was a good stop, but to dump $26 down for it was hard to say "Was it worth it?". I've been to cheaper but more fun science centers this summer alone.

The exhibits are fair to good. The best part of the center was the walking trail through the woods.

2  Thank ThreeWiseMen1998
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm a college student and a science major and love going to science museums and such. But this place was terrible. They didn't have much at all. If you have alot of little kids it might be nice, but for me it wasn't worth it. I would have rather spent my money in a better way. Not very informative either. I was in and out in less than an hour and did everything. I was very bored.

1  Thank bjohn3412
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We got in free with our reciprocal museum membership. My 12 yr. old grandson said they had some cool stuff, like the airplane cockpits, the body to disassemble, and the electric current piano. My eight year old granddaughter loved playing grocery shopping, which my grandson says it not science. They were still enjoying the place after an hour and a half, but we decided to leave to beat the rain. My grandson says it was okay, but not amazing. For a very small facility, I thought it was well done.

1  Thank BVCTx
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I have an ASTC reciprocal membership and have been to many science museums (Nashville, St. Louis, Birmingham, Louisville, Mobile, etc,). This one is average at best (one story of exhibits, several of which were out of order), but for its location ( ie, not a large city) it serves a valuable purpose. I got in for free with my reciprocal membership and the four, ten, and 13 year olds all found something to entertain them.

2  Thank Rockawaygirl