“A decent, but not amazing center”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Science & Discovery Center of Northwest Florida
Ranked #18 of 47 things to do in Panama City
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We got in free with our reciprocal museum membership. My 12 yr. old grandson said they had some cool stuff, like the airplane cockpits, the body to disassemble, and the electric current piano. My eight year old granddaughter loved playing grocery shopping, which my grandson says it not science. They were still enjoying the place after an hour and a half, but we decided to leave to beat the rain. My grandson says it was okay, but not amazing. For a very small facility, I thought it was well done.

1  Thank BVCTx

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I have an ASTC reciprocal membership and have been to many science museums (Nashville, St. Louis, Birmingham, Louisville, Mobile, etc,). This one is average at best (one story of exhibits, several of which were out of order), but for its location ( ie, not a large city) it serves a valuable purpose. I got in for free with my reciprocal membership and the four, ten, and 13 year olds all found something to entertain them.

2  Thank Rockawaygirl
Reviewed October 1, 2012

They have some reptiles and a space for toddlers that include a small shopping/grocery area and a life like boat. For the older kids they have two rooms with educational displays that are interactive. They have a new building where they host exibits that they change out. I am very impressed that they have some outdoor fun too. They have a pioneer town and a nice nature trail built over a marshy wooded area. Over all it is good fun at a good price. We have been taking our four year old there since he was one. As he gets older and can do more we may even get a year family pass. I also like that they host science camps, safety days and Halloween carnival.

2  Thank Rheana
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We scheduled a birthday party at the Science & Discovery Center. All we had to do was bring the cake and ice cream (we could've brought more but chose not to) and guests. The friendly staff set up the party and clean-up after. The guest got to explore the museum and we even added on to our party and tie-dyed t-shirts. Everyone had a great time!!

2  Thank Momma_Bear_of_2
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Nice place to take very young kids. We spent about an hour there. Don't miss the trail outside it was a nice walk. Exhibits were nicely done and my 5 year old nephew enjoyed his day there. From the outside it looks like a large museum. Only the offices are in the entrance. The second buidling houses all the science exhibits. It had been years since I had visited but it doesn't appear to have changed.

1  Thank travelwithmisty