“Good”

Chow Time Grill and Buffet
Ranked #39 of 271 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was very . The cost was not bad at all. They have a very large selection of food. Was very clean looking place. Don't have much left to say about the place.

There are newer reviews for Chow Time Grill and Buffet

Reviewed May 8, 2014

They have the best sushi selection of any Chinese buffet I have ever been to. The selection of all foods to choose from is great. The food is consistently hot and fresh. I cant wait for next visit. (Which will probably be next week)

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I googled chinese buffets while we were in Panama City. Several came up. "Chow Time" was my second choice after the first turned out to be closed down. Anyway, "Chow Time" turned out to be an excellent choice. Of course we requested that we be able to look at what was being served before we said yes to being seated. (All buffets aren't good buffets) And I'll have to say that after seeing what was being served, I got very excited. Not only was the set up visually appealing to look at, but there was so much food to choose from! I couldn't believe my eyes. And to top things off, they had a grill area where they cooked your food to order. You get raw meats and vegetable from a seperate area of the buffet and you take it to the chefs and they cook it how you want it. " Excellent"!!

They also had a delightful dessert buffet with plenty of cakes, pies, cookies, and other sweets to choose from. And they had "hard" hand dipped ice cream!!!!
This place was excellent!!!! And clean!
And I didn't even get thru a third of the menu before I started to get full. I had to leave room for "two" servings of cake and ice cream! :-P

3  Thank jdublu
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Overall poor experience.

The hostess was rude. We were seated and they took our drink order. We washed our hands, got our food, and almost finished the first plate prior to actually getting our drinks.

No baby corn? This is the first Chinese or Mongolian or hibachi style restaurant that didn't have baby corn that I've ever visited. Most the food was very plain. Chicken was fatty and chewy in each dish type we tried.

Slow to refill drinks. Slow to pick up dirty plates. Etc. Appeared this is all possibly due to needing more staff.

"American" food section was poor. Lima beans? Random.

I could keep going on but I won't. Don't recommend.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Heading out early on a Sunday with the DaGrandPop we were heading for another spot but they are closed on Sundays and DaPapa was under time constraints so remembering the billboard coming across the bridge from the beach we decided to try here. It's been over a year since we've been to a Chinese buffet and have been waiting on a trip back.

I have to say the size of the buffet surprised me. There are 4 large islands, a sushi window and a couple of isle long counters which leads to a large selection to fit many hungers, except no General Tao's which is DaMama's favorite.

All in all most if not everything is on par with all the other Chinese buffets. The food looked fresh, the floors were clean, many waitstaff working abound keeping the tables cleared and the buffet filled.

Nothing special but I have no issues with going back again.