“Stay away!!!!”

Chow Time Grill and Buffet
Ranked #35 of 272 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Visited Chow Time 4/4/2013. Went there on the advice of a local at Gulf World. So the 9 of us drove to mainland to eat there. Not much in the way of seafood there. Mostly Chinese food. General complaints in the way of quality. Food was greasy and meats that they used are poor quality. The best meat was the tempura chicken. It was the only white meat chicken in the place. We all left very unsatisfied. One comment was that you know the place is no good when the best plate of the meal was dessert. On the way back to our condo two of our party had to stop and throw up. Enough said!!!

1  Thank sautee77

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have had this buffet a couple of times and had way too much to eat both times.

The food is excellent, and if you at opening time, it's not all picked over like it gets after a while. I try to avoid a buffet simply because I eat too much but it's hard to resist this place.

When we were there, it was clean, we were seated promptly and never ran out of something to drink.

We highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We've eaten many times at many Chinese restuarants but this one is by far the best. Extensive salad and fruit bar, three soups, more desserts than we've ever seen, six flavors of ice cream, crab legs, turkey you can slice yourself and many other traditional Chinese dishes you see other places and some you don't. Wait staff was very gracious, often giving a little bow and though we arrived after one pm for lunch the food was as warm and appealing as if we had come an hour earlier. Price for lunch was between six and seven dollars. This is an exceptional buffet!!!

2  Thank Feml
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just finished lunch and probably won't have dinner! This is easily the largest buffet I have ever been to and the quality is not sacrificed for the quantity! The food overall is very well made and taste terrific. Our server was ready with free soda and tea refills and we can't think of enough nice things to say! It is close to the PC Mall so avoid the Food Court and get in some real chow time

1  Thank sasafrassbuttercup
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stopped in for lunch twice in November and it was great both times. Keep in mind you are eating at a buffet. The restaurant was clean, the staff were very friendly, and the price was less than expected. They have a vast assortment of food including grilled Salmon on their buffet. Also offered was a sushi bar that had a lot of interest from the customers, just not from me, I don't do sushi. I believe you get more than you pay for quality wise and with quanity you get all you want to eat. I have seen some bad reviews but I could not find anything wrong. Comparing it to another Chinese buffet down on the beach...this one wins by land slide. I would not hesitate to eat here again.

2  Thank Rick L