“Great Location, nice staff, and for the price cant beat it!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel is located in a convenient location and is pretty close to restaurants, a casino, and the biggest shopping mall in panama. You can take a taxi to the mall which is only about 5 bucks. We booked guided tours and the pick and drop offs ran extremely smooth. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. My friend lost her ipod touch and they actually found it and returned to her. The free continental breakfast was pretty delicious. They also offer free wi-fi. The pool was tiny but cute and there is a Fridays attached to the hotel for late night dining/drinking/partying. We booked through priceline and only paid $40/night for the qualty I'd say you can't beat it.I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend for a short stay in Panama City.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
CIS-PCFL, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. We are working diligently to fine tune the operation of the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We spent one night here on our way down the coast and everything was very clean and nice. The girl at the desk couldn't have been nicer. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was also right up there with continental ones. I would stay here again if ever back in th area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
CIS-PCFL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2015

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I don't know if the staff has changed since some of the other reviews or not, but they definitely provided exceptional guest service to me and my family. They were extremely accommodating to our late night arrival and accepting of odd hour comings and goings, due to the nature of our visit.

This hotel is not new and wear and tear is obvious, but despite these minor issues that did not hinder any of my daily activities, everything was super clean. The beds were large and comfy and the linens were fresh and crisp. Our bathroom had granite counter tops and fresh shower liners. The housekeeping staff came every day between 9 and 11 am and always gave us as many towels as we needed.

I would say the breakfast was larger than those you would find at similar hotels and I would definitley NOT go to McDonalds instead. My daily choices included healthy combinations of Kashi cereal with skim milk, a piece of fresh fruit, oatmeal, or yogurt and granola. If I felt like splurging, I would have enjoyed one of those awesome, make it yourself, Belgian waffles with butter and syrup that were also available every day.

Other appreciated amenities included free internet access that allowed me to work from my room, coffee all day long, and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. This hotel is also very convenient to everything in Panama City proper, including grocery stores, restaurants, a mall, Target, and Bay Medical hospital.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mtngirljen

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I checked in at 5:00 PM and there was no hot coffee or even hot water (or cookies) for guests. I had to request a shampoo (there was conditioner and soap in the room but no shampoo). At checkout I had to go down to the desk and request my bill/receipt it was not automatically provided.

The beds were comfortable and the room clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Love the room and the reception at check in but the breakfast was horrible. The bread was old and the breakfast potatoes were in a cock pot and you could tell had been cooked/warmed in the cock pot and stirred to many times. Sausage patties were laying on a paper plate. Someone just was lazy in this area. Otherwise Hotel Stay and Rooms Great.!!!! Went out to McDonald's...Sorry!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I took my children for their first trip to Florida July 30th and stayed at this hotel. This was our second time staying there, and we had a bad experience with housekeeping our previous stay so we had a 20% discount letter from the general manager, Debra Casenov. Upon our arrival, at 2:20 in the morning, the front desk clerk was no where to be found, but one could here the television in the other room off of the front desk. The clerk insisted that we needed to present the letter in the morning and for the room in full as we checked in (we were cash customers so there would not be a hold placed on my bank account). She also insisted that we had to pay a $50 fee that would be refunded in the morning - something that had not even been an issue a year prior AND was not reflected on our receipt. After arguing with me regarding whether or not I needed to present in the morning or at check in as the letter from the GM stated, she finally called another hotel to figure out how to handle this.

The room was not that great either. The carpet had not been vacuumed - there was beads and pills on the floor. Thank God that my children did not pick this up! Just think of the liability issues! Pillow cases were stained, the blankets were not on the beds, and towels were stained. Garbage cans outside by the side entrance were overflowing and a used wash cloth was by the pamphlet case. Hallway [fire] doors were propped open with menus.

In the morning during check out, we were asked how our stay was. When I indicated that we were less than pleased with our experience, the staff [manager!] did not ask what our issues were and if there was anything that they could do to make it better.

Perhaps I am a bit biased on how a hotel front desk and how housekeeping should be since I worked in both of those capacities for a triple diamond resort in Nashville for over six years. Regardless, when Debra Casenov (the GM) responded to my survey, she was rather rude and a bit incredulous. On top of that, her email was not professional and contained a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. She tried excusing the behavior of her staff and lack of cleanliness of the room/property to being sold out - that does not fly with me as I have A LOT of experience in that capacity - being sold out is NEVER an excuse for a less than clean room/property and a rude front desk agent.

Word of warning: if you have children and want to stay some place clean and that will treat you well, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SAS1124

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We drove from Texas (And got stuck for 3 hours in 4th of July Destin traffic on our way) and this was our stop on the way to Orlando. We got it for just over $60! Check the prices on their site and try to book well in advance. It was great! It was packed, obviously seeing it was July 2nd, but we checked in adn got to our rooms with ease. Our room was a typical hotel room. You're not staying at the Ritz, yall. It was clean and roomy (We got the 2 queen suite). Location was pretty good. The staff was very helpful! We were doing a dolphin tour in Panama City Beach (Which is only 10 minutes away) and weren't sure if we would be able to be out exactly at 12 but more like 1230. The accomodated us and were gracious to do so. The breakfast is, again, typical. Waffles, gravy and biscuits, great coffee, some fruit, yougurt, cereal, danishes, etc. It was just what we needed. This was a perfect stop and we'd definitely consider staying here if we were visiting the PC area again!

Room Tip: Definitely cheaper than staying at the beach....but close enough to enjoy it!