“Not fronting the bayou, ON it”
Review of Bayou Joe's

Bayou Joe's
Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very unique place to eat in Panama City area. Boaters disembark right onto a table, entering by any one of 3 sides, stepping thru the sliding doors. Look down between the planks and you can see the water. Watch the Beach Drive bridge open for passing boats. Oh yea, the food is outstanding as well. Fresh seafood (what else when ON the water?). Breakfast, lunches superb. One of our favorite haunts.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Local told us about this place. We drove 13 miles to get there, and we enjoyed the food and view. It was different from what we are use to...Hole in the wall was correct. I laughed when turned in the drive. Staff was great, on the ball, food out very quick. We had the flounder baskets, which were good . First time I have eaten deep fried corn on the cob. I love key lime pie, but theirs is not that great.

1  Thank shannun
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Gotta try the fried green tomatoes. Like no other I've had. They apparently brine the tomatoes first and then fry them. Sitting out on the deck and watching boats come and go is a fun experience. Even better is watching the boats tie up right next to you at the dock and the boaters come to eat. They also have HUGE home-made biscuits and wonderful breakfasts. Another cute thing is the "napkins". They're washcloths!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went there with family and friends. Donnie and Cher had been there many times. We didn't go by boat, but could have. I loved the location. Once seated Donnie leaned over to me and said "you don't get you're food fast here, but it's well worth the wait". No matter, I was among old friends with lots of catching up to do. I wasn't in a hurry and this was the perfect spot on God's blue earth to spend time and dine with my friends. We had a wonderful time, sipping coffee and munching on those delicious corn fritters. Some of us ordered breakfast, other's ordered lunch. It was all good. Joyce was our waitress. She added a lot of color and fun with her sarcastic wit. We all went back and forth with her as she went back and forth serving her happy customers. Some might hate spunk, but I like it.

Everyone in my crew left happy and satisfied. I had a great time at Bayou Joe's. I'm going back some day - come what may...

1  Thank TonkaSoul
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The location is very charming, much like dockside cafes from past years in "old Florida". However, the food is just okay and mostly somewhat overpriced. Best quality and values are the hamburgers and breakfasts.

On the positive side, you can tie up your boat adjacent to the dining area and any type of casual attire, including swimsuits, is okay. Jennifer and Joyce are excellent servers (breakfast/lunch).
Night servers are not so great.