“GREAT CHOICE!! I will definitely stay again, and again, and again!”

TownePlace Suites Panama City
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Oxnard, California
“GREAT CHOICE!! I will definitely stay again, and again, and again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

First time I've even heard of TownePlace, but figured it was a Marriott affiliate so how bad could it be. It was fabulous. Immaculately clean, the staff was courteous, welcoming and helpful. The location is great - 3/4 of a block off of the busy main road, so it was quiet. Across from the mall with easy access to lots of restaurants. Price was sensational - less than any of the other limited service locations nearby. Its not by the beach, but for the massive savings, the beach is just a 20 mnute drive. The rooms are a little on the small side, but that's the norm for limited service properties. It was really well laid out, very hip and modern. All the rooms come with a king bed and a full sofa bed, so the room sleeps 4 comfortably. Best of all it really does have a full kitchen - frig, stove, microwave,sink, dishwasher, pots, plates, glassware, serving utensils, silverware, toaster and FULL SIZE coffee maker AND they do a standard continental breakfast on top of that. I go to Panama City several times a year - we will be staying here from now on!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Mysticyat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rome, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

First, I got a better rate booking online, but when I checked in they tried to charge me the higher rate. Then, hey charge a deposit holding fee of $150 upon checkin- and then charge full amount of room upon checkout. since I stayed only one night, my bank held funds 2 1/2 times the rate for 4 days. This really was a pain as I was out of town and needed access to my money.
Then, there was another guest who asked my teenage daughter where he coiuld buy some drugs. He was jumpy and acting strange. That was frightening. After I got home, I noticed an additional $30 charge on my debit card. No one would talk to me, saying I needed to speak to a manager (and no one was available). They were to call me next morning. No one called. At 2 pm, we called them. Was told the $30 charge was for a missing emergency exit sign in the room. I was with my two children and daughter-in-law. My son is a U.S. Marine and was home visiting family while on leave. This was insulting and ridiculous!!!! How do they know when and where this sign was taken? Cause it certainly wasn;t taken during our visit there. I will never go back to this hotal again. I advise everyone to stay away. They have no customer service skills. The breakfast was also horrible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank LISA221_10
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

We were very pleased with the 2 bedroom suite for a long weekend to visit family in Panama City. The service was excellent, and the new hotel was very nice. A spacious 2 bedroom with kitchen and living room allowed us to visit with family in a fun setting. We'll chose this option again when in PC!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoolLapper
Dothan, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

As far a safe and clean place to stay, it rates very high. As always, its the details that make the difference. The housecleaning staff left garbage in my room 2 out 4 days. I came back to my room to find a dirty coffee maker and dirty silver ware in the sink twice. The breakfast rates very low which I can only describe as "very light and very minimal". Each day I walked across the parking lot to a Marriott Courtyard (about 200 ft) and had a very well appointed "full breakfast" for $7.95. It was all you can eat and very tasty. The hotel staff told me that they won an award from Marriottt for selling the most breakfasts in the southern region. They also said that they attributed getting the award to the walk-in customers from the Towneplace Suites who were seeking a real breakfast. I filled out a customer survey at the hotel, but have not had any feedback. I would suggest if you rate a Marriott (especially this one) email corporate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank 747_driver
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

Began staying here as soon as it opened,and always stay here when in town.I don't need to be near beach for business,so the location works for me,so does the price during the summer when hotels near the beach are too expensive for business travelers.Rooms are nice and comfortable,very clean,and the kitchen area in rooms make it seem a little more like home.Comfortable beds,nice TV's,nicest hotel in downtown area that I have seen.Several restaurants within walking distance,or a short drive make dining easy.Continental breakfast could offer more,but it's adequate and certainly not a deal breaker.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jeffoe
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Hotel is a great location - right across the street from the Mall and within a short driving distance to a lot of restaurants. Room was great - lots of room and a mini-kitchen with everything you need for an extended stay. I was only there for two nights, but loved the extra space. Free internet and breakfast; only drawback was the limited selection for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank oldranger81
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was so pleased with this place that I really can't call it a hotel because it was more like being Home. Staff was very friendly on a family level and very accommodating. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when we're in Panama City. Wonderful place to stay all the around so do yourself a favor and stay there the next time your in Panama city. Miss Holly Ann

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business