“Bad Service and Bugs in My bed”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
boston
“Bad Service and Bugs in My bed”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Upon first look, the hotel looked clean. We were told there would be a sofa in our room, and there wasn't however we were willing to overlook this and be flexible with the hotel. Our stay only lasted one night. The morning after we checked in, there were dozens of bugs in my bed, and on my pillow. Upon further investigation there were also bugs in the other bed. We immediately called hotel staff, and it took hours to sort through and to get some type of service. In my opinion this is one of the worst things to experience in a hotel and they simply weren't cooperative enough. The day after we moved bug bites welted on my legs, arms, face, back, and hands. I called the hotel manager, and he was unhelpful. He said he would call back and still has not. When we moved our things into another room while the whole negotiation and poor customer service took place, I placed a small tote on one of the beds, and it completely broke. Not close enough to Panama City night life to deal with such ratchet service and quality.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank kmb11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Don't stay here if you're visiting Panama City during spring break. If you're young, the hotel and staff treats you like a criminal. The hotel states that's there a $200 deposit for all guests; but construction workers who were staying there, didn't have to pay that deposit. I believe that is against the law. Someone should bring an ageism lawsuit against choice hotels. Checking-in took 20 minutes and checking-out took 30 minutes. We kept the room in pristine shape, and the staff charged us $4.00 because a hand-stamp rubbed off on the sheets. Not everyone in Panama City during spring break is there to destroy hotel rooms. The staff needs to realize this. I did not like the way I was treated, and I will never stay with choice hotels again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Place is beautiful and new. Downside was noise. You can hear noise from other rooms. Unfortunately our room was located under a room where people never slept and banging and heavy footsteps ALL NIGHT.

• Stayed March 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed here for a job interview. The price is very reasonable. When I walked to check in there were alot of construction workers hired by a local company checking in. I walked to the Kangaroo Gas Station next door and bought some soda, chips, and chocolate. When I went back in they were all gone. So check in was easy. The rooms were clean and large. There was a flat screen tv, mini-kitchen (with stove and refrigerator). The bathrooms had basic soap and shampoo. The bed was comfortable and the a/c was working just perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful and check out was very quick. I would go back again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TallyhoMark
Louisiana
Reviewed August 17, 2009

This hotel is GREAT! I have no complaints. It looks exactly like it does on the website. Very new & comfy. for $60 a night you can't go wrong! 32in plasma tv, kitchen with nice frig, microwave, & countertops! i love this place and i will definitely return & I've already recommended it to all of my friends. It is about 5-7 mins from the beach...great location & easy to find!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livinlife87
Stevenson, AL
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We were in town for the USFA World Series Tournament. This was a great place to stay!!!. Very, very clean, and an exceptionally nice staff. Everyone was willing to please. Nothing fancy, but you get everything described. I definately recommend this a great place to stay!!!! The price was so affordable at $55 nightly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank staardust43
georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2009

brand new rooms...still smells like new carpet and fresh paint. full kitchen. super clean. good view of the water even though its not on the beach. great rates. friendly staff. good location to most attractions...within 10 minutes of most attractions (or less). amenities are limited but that is expected with such low rates. huge flat screen tv in room..hbo included and wireless internet. spacious rooms. comfortable bed. can't think of anything negative to say.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family