“Very Clean and Comfortable Stay”

Red Roof Inn Panama City
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Orlando
“Very Clean and Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was very impressed by this 2 star hotel. I usually stay in 3 or 4 stars when traveling, but this was for business and I wanted to keep the price low for my business/company. I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness and I have to say my room passed my inspection on all levels. I have to feel comfortable where I stay even if it is for one night. The bed was a king size bed and very comfortable, the shower was a decent size with decent water pressure. I loved the desk area! This was a business trip for me and I had ample space to set up my lap top and paperwork to conduct business. It was an "L" shaped desk which provided lots of space for me to spread out my work materials. I think it was worth the price and I would recommend this hotel to any one on a tight budget, but would like a clean, pleasant room to stay in. This is a great spot for business travelers or any one who needs a place to stay in Panama City!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New Paris
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I travel all over the U.S. and other Countries. We live at Hotels around the world. I bring my own cleaning supplies when I travel to say the least....BUT at this Red Roof Inn, there is no need for that! This room is, and the whole hotel, is acceptionally clean and oder free. Clean carpets and walls and my bedspreads even are washed while here. No odors and socks DO NOT get dirty when walking on these floors. And they are pet friendly! The cleaning service is especially nice and on top of their job. Donna our cleaning "professional" is neat and clean and organized. I wish we could take her with us everywhere we go!....and I hate to leave this week and hope to find more hotels with such great rooms!...p.s. love the extra high ceilings! Sincerely Kim Dukes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kimberly S
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013

First off, allow me to say that we try to be flexible when we travel: when in Rome, do as the romans do. Don’t expect too much and try to live as the locals do. We travel extensively overseas and nationally and have stayed in various types of lodging from budget motels to five star Luxury. I read the reviews on this one and since there really weren’t many places to choose from in Panama City and we didn’t want to spend a great deal of money for a long weekend trip, we chose this one. I can't really understand the glowing reviews about this place. Most importantly, we were traveling with our two dogs and needed a pet friendly hotel. Red Roof Inns are pet friendly. This Red Roof is very pet friendly, especially dogs. They love dogs. The room next to ours had two cats. They have a lot of grassy areas to walk the dogs. As far as pet friendly hotels go, you can’t beat this one; plus the fact that we wouldn’t be living in the hotel room. Let’s just say that it is okay. It isn’t a top of the line hotel. I’ve stayed in other red roof inns that surpass this one. If the Superior King Room we were in was top of the line and the best room available, I’d hate to see the lower priced basic rooms they have. We stayed in Room 123, a pet room almost right next to the exit doors and near the outside pool. It was large and spacious and was clean, even the rugs were clean. Our white socks stayed white, which was a pleasant surprise. However, the carpet was worn and torn in several spots. There was no sofa to sit on, though there was room for one. There was a kitchenette area upon entry with a small table and two chairs, a sink, stove, cabinets, microwave and a full size refrigerator. The bathroom is full bath and adequate size.
Beware that directly across the street are railroad tracks. Evidently, the train doesn’t run often, but it does run and we only heard it in the morning around seven in the morning on Saturday. For the rest of our four day, three night stay we didn’t hear any other trains. The room AC is kind of loud but kept the room cool and was hardly noticeable after the first few hours stay. The hotel is in an old part of town on the main drag with some other restaurants. Super 8 hotel sits in front of it. As you’ll see in your drive, all of the hotels seem to run on this main street running parallel to the railroad tracks.
CAUTION: The water pressure in the shower is almost non-existent. Heaven help those patrons that like me have long hair. It took me forever to rinse my shoulder length hair with the trickle coming from the shower to rinse it all out and then it lay flat during my stay. We reported it to the front desk and were told that it happens when a lot of people use the shower. On top of it, the problem seems to be getting worse and they have a plumber scheduled to come in to fix it. Must be just a problem with the showers for the pressure from both sinks was fine and had great pressure. Let’s hope they fix the problem because as it stands now, we can’t recommend this place. In fact, overall we really can’t recommend it, as I felt as if I was roughing it here. It is a very noisy hotel. Over the weekend when in our room during the morning before going out and in the evening when returning to our room, we could hear the people walking around in the room above us: It sounded like a herd of elephants were up there. We heard other room doors opening and closing. The king sized bed was VERY uncomfortable. Every morning we both woke up with sore backs. Not to mention that every time we moved, or got in or out of the bed, the bed was very noisy. The free breakfast is okay: standard fare of one cold cereal, fresh made waffles, muffins and pastries and bananas. The coffee tasted horrible: From the taste of it, it was evidently old and stale. Overall, breakfast was okay with us since we weren’t staying for the breakfast, though we did expect the coffee to be better. The Wi-Fi service worked flawlessly; no complaints there.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, get a first floor room near an exit. If you like quiet, get a top floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelinSoul
North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Greeted by friendly, efficient staff at the desk. Given a first floor room which helps as hubby is an amputee. They even have luggage carts to help you carry stuff! Huge room with a jacuzzi, right in the room, a separate bathroom which has a tub and shower, Very clean. They have a laundry room for guest, exercise room and a pool. The pool is small but spotless and makes for a refreshing dip.Good location, convenient to everything. This Red Roof Inn is more classy than most- making me wonder if it had been a Hilton in a prior life! Best Red Roof we have ever stayed in- and we almost always stay at RRI as they are pet friendly- bring your dog at no extra charge.

Room Tip: I imagine they are all good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kittylatte
Franklinton, NC
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Super clean. Everything new and nice. Huge room with a sparkling Jacuzzi Awesome pool.We were booked for two nights but I liked it so much that an hour after check in I went back to Lonnie at the desk and got a third night. My wife was excited about this and hugged me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cinnapatch
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice clean hotel. The room was clean and very modern- I really enjoyed my two night stay with Red Roof Inn this is the first time I have used their hotel - Pet stay perk was just what I needed for my Pekingnese-

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ada, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is an excellent Pet friendly Motel which can be hard to find when traveling with a furry friend. The room was quite large and very clean. The area is quiet and the beds are very comfortable.An excellent experience over all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family