“wonderful !!!”

Red Roof Inn Panama City
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed April 3, 2013

lisa helped my friends and i out after our hotel got cancelled . i will forever room at red roof when i go to panama city .... the room was very clean , and like i said before lisa was really helpful and nice !!! thanks again :)

Room Tip: any room is good one !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank laqueshaF

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My reservation, check-in and most of the few contacts were with Lonnie, who was very friendly and helpful at all times. A housekeeper I dealt with once was perfectly helpful. The ladies serving breakfast were friendly and kept everything stocked. And a few times staff who took breaks outside a door I used held the door for me!

The room appeared to be relatively new, my guess is remodeled as the rest of the property did not look that new to me. The bath and lavatory fixtures appeared new and the desk area was the most professional I’ve seen in a motel, with bi-level space, an excellent light, CAT5E and 5B computer outlets, and a desk chair with working height adjustment.

The rest of the room covered the basics very well. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, hot water was always available, the shower head had a good spray, the shower had several places to put things at various heights and a grab bar, which I find handy even though I do not require one, the bathroom had separate switches for the fan and light, the wifi worked perfectly, there was a frig and microwave, the heater kept the temp where I wanted and the fan was quiet, the bed light switches were conveniently located for turning on and off while in bed.

The property location was very good for me. Being on 231 and a couple blocks off 98 enables easy movement to either east or west. A major mall with normal adjoining stores and eating places was only a few blocks NE on 231. Harrison St a block or so west gives easy access south to the bay and north.

There were two items that for me were minor imperfections. First, the lavatory area had no bar(s) for hanging a wash cloth and hand towel. They had to be hung in the bathroom. Second, the first couple days the room had an odor that was quite noticeable when first entering—not offensive but relatively strong. After a few minutes I would get used to this and not notice it. Another reviewer has suggested this is from cleaning. I did not have the room cleaned while I was there.

A couple items I consider negatives. First, the elevator floor was dirty while I was there and some pieces of debris and streaks stayed unchanged, indicating the floor was not cleaned during the four days. Even though this is an economy hotel I think cleaning the elevator floor daily would be reasonable. I would have this cleaning include vacuuming out the grooves which the door uses. Second, I extended my stay to include a Friday and the rate for the Friday was increased from $71.99 before tax to $92.99. This was pointed out clearly and there are probably company polices related to time of year, time of week, spring break, or occupancy level. But I am skeptical the occupancy was high as I did not notice the lobby, parking lot, breakfast area, or halls being busier than the other days.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this motel, found the room very comfortable, the staff service excellent, and if I am back in Panama City will consider staying here again. But if any night’s cost is over $80 I will also shop around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Billhgc
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This place was really nice to be a inn. I think inn and immediately like no i dont wanna stay here but my friend wanted to stay for her birthday so we did. The room was clean and should have been worth more. It was so comfortable and clean i couldnt believe. Also the bridge was right there to go to Panama City beach or just the beach

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Franchesca B
redroofpc, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments and your stay at Red Roof Inn Panama City Florida. We hope to see you again soon .

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I often travel to Panama City, Florida to visit with my sister and her family. However, they smoke and that makes it imposible for me to stay in their home because I am highly allergic to smells, especially cigarette smoke and frangrances. I found the nearest, cleanest motel to stay in is the Red Roof Inn on Hiway 231 at the edge of the city and before you get to the beaches. The only drawback is that the cleaning staff sprays both the rooms and the carpeted hallways each day to keep out offensive odors. Now, before I get to the motel each time, I call ahead and the motel alerts the cleaning staff I am coming and they do not spray my room or the hallway near my room. They are most accommodating in this way. It is worth checking out this motel. They will also give you a "frequent guest" card and local number you can call directly when making a reservation and they will give you a discount on your room. Check it out.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know in advance if you have allergies or other special needs and they will do their be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your continued patronage of Red Roof Inn Panama City Florida, we hope we continue to satisfy your needs.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We only stayed 1 night and it was a free night for us but was only priced around $59 if we had paid. We got a super comfy/clean room (very large) with a king bed and it was spotless! The bed was comfy, sheets clean, good pillows, coffee pot in the room as well as a microwave and fridge too... bath set up was nice with the tub/toilet across from the granite sink area. I am big on how a place smells and this was like new. We were pleasantly surprised with more than coffee and muffins for breakfast, they had a mini-waffle maker too. Conveniently located altho a bit far (14 miles) from Pier Park and where all the beach "action" is... but still felt safe and cozy here. Would definitely consider staying here again if we visit again. Restored my faith in Red Roof brands!

Room Tip: We were in a handicap designated room, maybe that's the key if you want extra space. Very very...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were only in Panama City for one night, but if we find ourselves in the area again, the friendly front desk staff and cleanliness of the room would bring us back. Shortly after we were given access to our room, the front desk called to make sure that we were happy with the room and to see if we had any problems. We did not get to use the pool as the outside weather temperature was too cool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed one night in Panama City at the Red Roof Inn. I had selected it for the ratings and the price. It was very nice. Quiet. Comfy. Clean. The breakfast -- we did go elsewhere for breakfast as I really wanted eggs -- but everything else was great. We did not use the pool. We would stay there again if we visit Panama City.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business