“Best seafood I have had”

Posey's Steam Room & Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
“Best seafood I have had”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The place looked really different when we drove up to it. Really was not sure we wanted to stay. The decor was plastic tables and folding chairs. The staff was very very nice. The food was fantastic. I had the sampler platter for 30$ and I never spend that much for a meal. But everything was fresh caught locally and it tasted like it. If you go you will not be disappointed. Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jeff J

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

N Florida native. Love seafood. I had flounder. Great meal. Had 12 people all very pleased with service and food. Atmosphere lacking, but getting better.

1 Thank randy c
Cairo, Georgia
“Fresh, delicious seafood”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was in the mood for some Gulf Coast seafood and decided to drive down to Panacea and try Posey's. The restaurant interior reflects the exterior of the building. There is very little atmosphere, plastic tables and chairs, and overall the place could use some updates. Not the cleanest restaurant I have ever eaten at and the service left a little bit to be desired. Now that I got the negatives out of the way, let's talk about the food. Simply delicious seafood fresh from local waters. A friend and I ordered the catfish special and my wife ordered shrimp. Everyone's food was beyond expectation. My wife loved the slaw but my cheese grits were no where close to being the best I've had. The food alone would make me give Posey's an excellent rating but the facility and service makes me pull it back to very good. I would have no problem driving the 65 miles to Posey's from my home just to get a seafood dinner; it's that good!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SBDFAN
Dyersburg, Tennessee
“Great Food, Average Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We are visiting family here, so we went to Posey's for dinner last night. We ordered the seafood platters, and they tasted wonderful. They were generous portions, all cooked to perfection. The service had a little to be desired, though. The kitchen was slow, and the wait staff didn't check on us very often. Seeing as how we were paying $30 a plate, it would have been nice to at least have some of our dishes pulled. Oh, and there isn't much of a dress code for the waitresses, either, since most of them were running around in booty shorts. We may come back again since the food was so good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank htpk
Boston, Georgia, United States
“Still the best!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The flounder is always the best ever! Last night's special of a whole flounder and 8 fried shrimp was only $14.95. We have eaten in Panacea for the last 3 days and will definitely return on this trip.

Visited June 2014