“****ATTENTION PEOPLE OF COLOR******” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Posey's Steam Room & Oyster Bar

Posey's Steam Room & Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“****ATTENTION PEOPLE OF COLOR******”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

One bad apple spoiled the bunch. I have heard for years just how great the food was at Posey’s. I decided after leaving the beach and before heading back home to Tallahassee, I was going to finally try it. That is where it all went wrong. (My friends suggested that I go to Hutton's Seafood instead.) Before I begin; I am a woman of color, first grade teacher and married to a prominent attorney in Tallahassee. We have manners, morals and the means to buy such a place two times over. First mistake, I was NOT greeted. Second mistake, as I stood at the counter, I’m guessing that I was taking TOO long to decide; I caught a waitress mouthing to another waitress next to her that she didn’t know what I was doing. I WAS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM!!!! I quickly responded with, “I heard about the wonder food here and wanted to try it. I was not trying to cause any trouble, (this area is known for not being “people of color friendly”) I just wanted to order food to go and be on my way! Lucky for me the young waitress that received the NOT sooo secret message was very nice and took my order. After making my selection that cost $18.95, I tipped the young lady AGAIN and thanked her for making my VERY bad choice more pleasant. As I drove away with my food, third mistake; I put a fry in my mouth to find that it was barely lukewarm! I have now spent a total of $27.00 on just my dinner in a restaurant that I will NEVER EVER stop at again and will not hesitate to discourage my friends, family, associates and most of all my husband’s contacts from spending one penny there.
So sad to know that people collect a pay check for being RUDE!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Saliva2

Naples, Florida
“Fab Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

They recommended this restaurant from our hotel. The girl at the front desk said it was a dump but the food was amazing. She was right. We walked in under glaring florescent lights and we sat at a white plastic picnic table. The food was wonderful...especially the flounder and the fried shrimp. Nothing fancy, a place to guzzle beer out of the bottle but we had a great time.

1 Thank marina187
“Great fresh fish.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in the area and the clerk at the hotel told us about Posey's and that it was a great local eating place and not to judge it by its worn appearance.

We ordered the oyster and shrimp fried combo platter and it was the best I've tasted. The batter had a touch of pepper and the shellfish was cooked perfectly, very tender and moist.

The hush puppies, fries and coleslaw were also outstanding. Too bad it is so far from home otherwise I'd become a regular.

In addition, the pricing is reasonable and portion size is large.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barry W
“Great place to stop for lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch value. A little $$ for dinner. The shrimp were some of the smallest in the area. But, the seasoning was good. The steam oyster were very good for only 8 bucks. The best price in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place does not look like much from the outside, but it was always busy when we went there. The food was very good, lots of seafood choices, and friendly, helpful service. We will definitely go back there on our next visit to the area.

Visited April 2013