“Handling lots of sea critters”

Gulf Specimen Marine Lab & Aquarium
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Panacea
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see and touch Marine life for fun and education. Everything from sponges and algae to seahorses, sharks, and turtles!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Handling lots of sea critters”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were staying in Tallahasse with my aunt Lonna and she brought there. I liked holding the big blue crabs and the sea urchins. We also held hermit crabs, sea dollars, starfish,sponges, and even more. We liked the sea turtle. I went up to the pool it was in and it came up to the surface and followed me. I don't like the sharks because once I thought it was a touching tank but it wasn't and a shark came at me fast but I got my hand out. This was a very genuine experience for getting in on your sea critters.

Visited July 2013

Orlando, Florida
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Great hands-on experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed our time at the marine lab. Lots of opportunities for touching creatures...brittle stars were our favorite. We had fun "digging" thru the sand to find hidden critters. I enjoyed seeing the other creatures up close...especially the sea turtle. Staff was friendly and informative. While the lab is small, we still spent a couple hours here because of the touch tanks. We never felt rushed and even returned to the touch area after viewing the rest of the lab. We liked watching the octopus in the back area swim and change color. If we are ever in the area, we will go back.

Visited July 2013
Alligator Point, Florida
“take the kids”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Educational and fun for kids and adults. We arrived as they were feeding, so cool. Join for a very reasonalbe price and take the grands.

Hosford
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great place for kids who love the sea!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We took a group of students on a field trip and they loved the place! The staff members were firm but friendly and very knowledgeable about marine life. Students were able to touch and hold numerous creatures and loved seeing feeding time at the shark tank!

1 Thank Alli M
Ashford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to take the kids”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Definitely would be a great place for younger kids to visit and see up close some of the animals from the ocean.

1 Thank Jessica K