“Nice View, Pricey Entrees” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angelo & Sons Seafood

Angelo & Sons Seafood
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Side, Florida
“Nice View, Pricey Entrees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The water view from the outside deck an Angelo & Sons can be beautiful at sunset, but the summer heat and bugs can quickly drive you to go inside. I'm just afraid of the little buggers getting into my food there. I ordered the stuffed pompano (about $20) which was was fresh and tasty, but it almost seemed to be more stuffing than actual fish meat and the stuffing tasted a bit over seasoned overpowering the fish. The gumbo was pretty good, but personally, (even with a fish base gumbo) I don't want it to taste fishy (if that makes any sense). It also lacked identifiable chunky components. As with a lot of seafood businesses, ordering "the special" of the day can be risky, as often managers use the "specials" to move a product. Service was adequate.but certainly not stellar. The restaurant is nice and clean as are the restrooms.
I am a dog lover, but there were some smelly dogs hanging out on the porch which would have been fine except I just had to go wash my hands after petting them (my mistake assuming they were clean). I liked Angelo's and will visit again and maybe even sit outside in a cooler, less buggy time of year.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kidritalin

Boston, Georgia, United States
“Not what it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Since the rebuild, Angelo's has not come back to its former level of excellence. Too pricey for lack-luster quality.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank KRH53
SGI
“The Best Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I ate at Angelo's last night and it was awesome. My niece and nephew from Ft.Lauderdale were with us and they had never had seafood as good as this. The gumbo Angelo had just made was unbelievable - the best we had ever had anywhere,. The grilled head on shrimp were huge local white shrimp. We licked the plate clean. Angelo's oysters were gobbled up too. Our dinners included char grilled scamp, stuffed scamp, bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp ( they wrapped them with bacon on request ) grilled shrimp, and fried oysters and shrimp. EVERYTHING was fantastic. All the seafood was very fresh locally caught and cooked to perfection - the old Angelo's style we love so much was all there from the greek salad to great iced tea to the worlds best hushpuppies top home made coconut cream pie too. I could not imagine a better dinner.Prices were very fair especially for the quality of food we had and the service was great too. We will be back as soon as possible.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank blueparrotsgi
Tallahassee
“Not what it use to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We drove from tallahassee on a Saturday night expecting to have to wait for a table but were able to be seated immediately. We soon found out why the place was not very crowded as it had always been in the past. The music playing in the lobby was like bad karaoke and permeated the dining area. We were served by a wonderful waitress who immediately got our drinks and salads but the wait for the entrees was excessively long considering the fact that there were many open tables and they did not seem busy! When the food arrived, it was at best , average! We tried scallops, grouper, and shrimp. Portions were large and so were the prices! We were able to see a beautiful sunset and the moon that evening also was amazing but we could have had a much better meal! We will not make another trip just for the food!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“it used to be fantastic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Two couples drove down from Tallahassee on a Saturday night. We were looking forward to a great dinner. We were very dissapointed. The food was terrible. They have a special osyter dish of cooked osyters. The osyters tasted like beef liver. I asked another guest and he said his tasted like steak.The special was sea bass. My wife made the mistake of ordering it. She almost thtrew up when they put 2 12 inch whole fish in front of her. There was no meat on the burnt fish
When we complinded the staff could care less.
The service was horrible. no refills of water or tea, no extra napkins . no concern over the obvious discomfort ot our group.

• Visited June 2013