“Very nice but over priced”

Angelo & Sons Seafood
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love to go out from Tallahassee to Angelo's. great views... But they are expensive. Everything has a add on price. The food is good but, in my opinion, not great. They are the BIG fish in small pond and they will charge you for that privilege.

2  Thank BSBFlorida
There are newer reviews for Angelo & Sons Seafood

Reviewed October 1, 2012

atmosphere was great for a good seafood dinner. food was good. ordered soup of day & cheese grits to go with fried shrimp. disappointed that fried oysters not available that evening. waitress very nice & did a good job for 12 people at table. price about what you would expect at a good restaurant. good view of water. a good comfortable family get-together. more food than you need for an evening meal

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food here is amazing. Everything was so fresh and to top it off, you have a beautifully serene view from the patio. I have read that other people were turned off by the prices, but I can't see why. You get what you pay for. I would rather pay a few dollars extra for a piece of fish that is fresh and nicely prepared than a few dollars less for the alternative. It is my understanding that this is a family owned and run establishment, which always gets extra points in my book. We will definitely be back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and ate here in April. We arrived just as they opened and were the only customers for about 30 minutes. My food arrived cold! The waitress apologized and said she would have them cook me a new plate of food. I asked her if they could leave the parsley and onions off, she said, "no, it's part of the recipe" I hate to say it, but I believe took my plate back and shoved it in a microwave. Maybe that is why she refused to take the parsley and onions off. We did not leave a tip and we will not be back. Save your money and go to Poseys which, in my humble opinion, has the best seafood in Panacea.

2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Angelo and Sons really is as good as it gets. I went here last night and got the fried seafood platter. To me fried seafood is the best way to eat it and this platter certainly did not disappoint. Everything tasted exactly like it should. The crab tasted like succulent, juicy crab....not loaded down with crappy fillers. The fried oysters tasted like oysters. The shrimp were not overloaded with breading and they were awesome as well. The herb roasted potatos tender and tasty too...with a kick of spice. The cheese grits really surprised me. I've never had them before and they completely bursted with flavor in my mouth. The more of them i ate the more flavors i detected...like sweet corn. I got the onion rings as an appetizer and they were good too. Everything was good and i'll definitely be back here. It is very expensive but i guess that is the price you pay for good seafood. Also, they had a very sweet and adorable (and quite young) checkout girl working the front counter. Go eat here.

2  Thank rosbergs3