“Become family on first visit”
Review of Spanky's Grill 41 - CLOSED

Spanky's Grill 41
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spanky's, what a wonderful place to eat. Meet new people who make you feel like family on your first visit. Every time we go we meet new friends. The steak and shrimp special was great.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

On the spur of the moment we decided to dine here and are so glad we did. I waited to review just to make sure it wasn't a flash in the pan on the first two trips. All three dining experiences have been wonderful and we will go back. There is always a discount coupon somewhere to use so check around for one. The dragon shrimp appetizer was tasty and just enough to start the dinner right. The potato skins were HUGE and we ended up taking half home on our second visit. For entrees we have enjoyed the ribs, pork chops, fried shrimp and the filet. I must say the filet was melt in your mouth tender. We went for the prime rib special and found it to be really good but make sure to get it med-rare to really enjoy it. The creamy horseradish was too sweet but we added some additional horseradish to it and made it much better. Can't wait to go again!!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had another Deal Saver this time 15$ for 30..Hvae to admit the food was very good, now I did not rate it a -5- because of a couple of items' small but worth noting-Wife Had Chopped Steak, it was superb got to taste , outstanding--- I had Coconut Shrimp-- not great a little under down-- the mango sauce was not up to par-- and No Dinner rolls/bread.... The service was very good, owner came by said hello-They have many specials 5$ burger Mondays. .Prime Rib 19.00 Friday and Saturday,,, will definitely go back and change my choice ---Check it out clean and good food and service

Reviewed June 19, 2014

A group of us went to watch a sporting event recently. We didn't really want a big dinner, just sandwich or something on the lighter side. Apparently, they have a lunch menu and separate dinner menu which is fine, but don't tell me sandwiches aren't available when after we ordered from the dinner menu, we see 2 separate patrons sitting at the bar munching on a delicious appearing sandwich. I was told one got a sandwich because it was "the owners girlfriend". Didn't bother to ask who the other special customer was. Prices on dinner menu are a little pricy. Not as if you are sitting on the water, watching the sunset. We ended up just getting appetizers. Still can't figure out what type of restaurant it is. Sports? Diner? Hve to say employees were top notch. Friendly and on the ball. I was also told, after we ordered, that we could have had sandwiches or anything from lunch menu. We most likely will try it again, as we are local and try to support new ventures. I hope they make it.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The food was OK and the specially priced drinks were great. However the menu prices were significantly more than you would normally pay in Palmetto and the ambiance does not justify this. There are better restaurants over the bridge in Bradenton that offer similar cuisine at much lesser prices.