“1 out of 3 of us liked our dinners.”

Alvarez Mexican Foods
Ranked #31 of 70 Restaurants in Palmetto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Florida
“1 out of 3 of us liked our dinners.”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

3 of us went in for a Thursday night dinner. The server was very slow and not attentive at all. ( brought the food before silverware) After a 40 min wait for dinner and no chip and salsa refill, the 2 beef dinners weren't very good, but the chicken chimichanga was very good. Won't recommend.

“A Canadian favorite”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have been dining at Alvarez since 2005 when my mother started living out the winters in Palmetto. We have NEVER been disappointed. When I fly in to the Airrport for a visit we go immediately here so I can get some really good Mexican food. Canada does not have this quality and atmosphere in any of the Mexican restaurants! Usually visit more than once during the visit. 99 cent draught beers are FAB! Often smuggle some take away on the flight back home.

My mom never liked Mexican food until we went here. Now she drops in on her way home from golf to have the Three Amigos.

Pittsburgh
“Food is pretty good.”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Margarita is wine based and pleasant.. I like the veggie quesedilla. Service is rather indifferent.

Visited November 2011
Parrish, Florida
“Good Mexican food, service was just ok!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Good fast Mexican food for a great price. The service was just ok.

• Visited June 2011
Tampa, Florida
“great family restaurant”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I enjoyed dinner at Alvarez with a friend from Sun City Center. Despite a large Mexican population in our area, Alvarez is the only authentic restaurant. It is family owned and the food is good. I had a steak fajita and it was tasty. I just wish it was closer to my house as I would visit more often.

• Visited September 2011