“We go there to treat ourselves!!”
Review of Kevin's Crab Shack

Kevin's Crab Shack
Ranked #16 of 75 Restaurants in Palmetto
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Kevin's is what I thought all Florida Seafood restaurant would be like but have been disappointed will all but Kevin's. Fresh seafood, clean and very friendly service. We always order the Captain's platter with old bay and garlic butter on the side.

1  Thank PhillyBartman

Reviewed January 27, 2014

my husband had the rib meal which was poorly cooked and only 4 ribs. i had the shrimp which was tasty but i had to peel them and they were covered in the sauce , very messy. the floors were sticky and bathroom was not clean. i wish the place was better since it is very close to home.

1  Thank gold22fern
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

After reading the glowing reviews, we decided to try Kevin's even though on Sunday afternoon no cars were in the lot and we were the only customers. Unfortunately my grouper tasted fishy but they gladly replace it with another fish that was good. The food came in a reasonable time and was hot. There isn't an appetizer menu and no salads. The outdoor patio furniture wasn't very comfortable for indoors. A seat cushion would have helped. Good local mom and pop.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We had the steamed fish which sounds dull, but it is anything but...
The star of the evening however was the ribs! They are beautiful and moist and meaty. They are served with a mustardy BBQ sauce Like you have in South Carolina. Delicious! I'll be back!

1  Thank Honchasaurus
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I always am a little suspicious when I see raving reviews for a restaurant, could be an employee trying to draw in business...but not after eating here!
We were driving home, saw this restaurant and stopped on impulse. Boy are we glad we did! The staff is very friendly, decor is fun, but the very best part is the food.
My hubby had the fresh grouper sandwich, lightly breaded and not greasy at all, just yum! The coleslaw is some of the best I've ever tasted.
I had the crab, shrimp, potato and corn garlic bowl...o.m.g...sooooo good! Every bite was a treat!
Did not have dessert this time, but will leave room next time we come.

1  Thank IslandGirl0868