“Better than the best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmetto
Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Palmetto B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My daughter and I found this beautiful historic B&B by sheer luck when looking for a wedding venue. We both felt it's old world charm and romance the first time we pulled into the parking lot, with the family that owns it waving and smiling at us-even thought we had not made an appointment. From that visit through her perfect wedding, the innkeepers were beyond gracious. They have an immaculate, beautifully designed and decorated home-and you do feel like you are home and part of their family! The breakfasts are beyond anything I have experienced and everything presented lovely and delicious. The wedding itself could not have been any better. The ceremony was on the lovely front lawn, facing the river. The cocktail hour and reception was in the back, which provides a setting that worked perfectly for us. I would love to go back just to stay some day. I love this place! Thank you, Wim, Meike and beautiful girls! You were a blessing to us

Room Tip: All the suites are lovely and unique. I would stay in any of them!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fraze903

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had our wedding at The Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast this past weekend and could not have ever imagined how perfect this venue would be for our wedding! The above and beyond hospitality in which Wim and Mieke (and daughters) provided made us feel as if we were home with family.
We rented out the entire B&B for our family to stay with us and were amazed by the warm feeling the house provided and each of its rooms--each was beautifully decorated and immaculately cleaned. Each morning’s breakfast was fresh, homemade and absolutely delicious and served on beautiful china and glass. We couldn’t have imagined the variety served each morning: fresh fruit, bread, homemade yogurt, eggs with all the trimmings, French toast—whatever you wanted they had it! Amazing! And it’s served overlooking the front yard and the Manatee River. My entire family was blown away.
Wim and Meike did anything they could to help make our wedding go off without any kinks—which it did, thanks to their help! Our wedding guests can’t stop talking about how breath-taking the B&B was. They, too, commented on the comfortable feeling this place provided them.
I encourage anyone to stay here—it will be a stay you will never forget!

Room Tip: I adored waking up to the view in the Riverview Room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrsRhoads
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I had our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast on 12-3-2011 and I could not have asked for a more perfect weekend. We rented the entire B&B for the weekend so that our families could stay with us the night before and the night after and they definitely exceeded our expectations. The B&B is absolutely gorgeous both inside and out. Everyone was thrilled with their accommodations, each room has a television and a private bathroom and there is wi-fi in the B&B for the techy people. Wim and Mieke are incredible hosts! They are so warm and welcoming and friendly that both my husband and I said that by Saturday morning (we arrived Friday afternoon) that we felt like they were our close friends / family. It almost felt like they were guests at our wedding instead of our hosts and that we should be taking care of them. They were amazing. Their breakfasts are to die for, I've never had such delicious breakfasts anywhere I've ever stayed. Wim set up my ceremony chairs and arranged the tables for my reception and even though I changed that arrangement three times he continued to do with a smile. My husband and I plan on returning in a few months just to enjoy a quiet weekend away. It was our wedding weekend and I expected to feel a little stressed with all of the details but they were so friendly and helpful that it turned in to an extremely relaxing and very enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gorgeous! The Riverview Suite and the Palmetto Suite were my two favorites but...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AshLilee
Reviewed November 29, 2011

When my daughter found this site and said she wanted to have her wedding ceremony at the Bed and Breakfast, I was a little concerned, because I had never heard of this facility. We toured the facility and Wim and Mieke were friendly and very professional. They were just getting ready to start construction, so I was a little leery about booking the Bed and Breakfast in case the construction was not going to be finished. They promised the rooms would be ready so we booked the facility for the wedding ceremony. As the months passed, and we visited the facility, Wim and Mieke became like family. They were always happy to see us, meet with us and were not upset with changes we had to make as the wedding date approached. We booked all 6 rooms so the family could stay the night of the wedding and had breakfast the next morning. The wedding ceremony was beautiful. Wim and Mieke handled all of the details and they were excited to meet all of our family. The accommodations were beyond our expectations. If you are looking for a beautiful place to hold a wedding, my entire family highly recommends using the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: There were no bad rooms, but my son and daughter did take the suite upstairs. It had a little room...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Deena R
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I have had the wonderful pleasure of a second stay at this most unusual and exceptional place. Please see our review of one year ago. This has truly become our "Home-Away-from-Home."

It was a delight to see Wim, Mieke and their daughters again. We were astonished at the major additions and continued upgrades to their property. If you haven't yet visited for the first time, believe us, you are in for a special treat. I know you see this term all-the-time, but this is truly a "must-see!"

We continue to be happy to talk about the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast with friends and neighbors. In addition, we are presently working on plans to return, the next time with friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We recently stayed at this B&B for a wedding, which was also held on the property. The property and our room was immaculately clean and the innkeepers were especially kind and attentive. Breakfast was beatifully presented and delicious as well. We plan on returning someday!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I had a quick mid-week birthday getaway and we were so pleased with the total attention to our every need that was exhibited by these hosts. They even were there to greet us when we returned from dinner with brandy and a smile.

The surroundings are as beautiful as the hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms seem delightful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmetto
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Watergarden Inn at the Bay
Watergarden Inn at the Bay
#1 of 5 in St. Petersburg

Been to Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!