“Good time”
Review of Gatorama

Gatorama
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Palmdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Gatorama is a Florida 'must do'. A long standing family attraction complete with Alligators, Crocodiles, Monkeys, Bobcats, Raccoons, Peacocks, Ducks, Geese, Pythons and more! Try your hand at our 18+ Guest Feeding Experience "Fast Hands or No Hands" where you become the star of the show! Not ready to brave the big crocs? Sit back and enjoy one of two Big Gator Feeding Shows by our trained zookeepers. (FREE WITH ADMISSION) Feeling brave? For a small fee, you can jump on into Uncle Waders Catch A Gator Pond, or try your hand at Gator Wranglin'. Paleontologists in the group will want to try out our Big Gator Fossil Dig where they dig up real bones and are challenged to identify them. These make for FANTASTIC photo opportunities, so don't forget those cameras. Prefer a lazy afternoon? We have an extensive boardwalk, games and plenty of space in our Swoopy Palm Trail to relax and take in the sounds of nature. A taste of Real Florida is waiting for you at Gatorama!
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went on a spur of the moment trip coming back from Sebring to Miami. I got there right in time for a feeding time. The instructor Ben was very informative and he gave us some great info on alligators and crocodiles while showing us how they do the swimming. He knew the names of almost all of the crocs (and the one alligator that fought his way to the croc pen). He also took us back to go hold an younger crocodile. It was an overall good experience. I saw some of the animals but they were a little agitated due to a brush fire somewhere out there. But again, overall, i enjoyed my time, especially since i have a huge phobia of alligators and crocodiles. One step closer to getting over that.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"bobcat"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great time out at Gatorama today. Besides gators they had American Crocodiles. We loved watching the gator feed and holding a little gator. They had some bobcats and a panther as well. Overall it was a very fun time and money wise I thought it was a good deal.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The attraction consists of a 1000-foot walkway where you get to look at pen after pen of future handbags and croc-meat stew; This place is an active farm after all, and not what I'd call conservation. Other attractions include a skunk (sleeping), a rabbit (filthy) and a couple of depressed-looking wild cats.

As a previous reviewer noted, the lady at the admission counter is not friendly at all. Talk about lousy first impressions!

The next day we visited a State Park, and got to see real gators in their natural habitat, and a whole lot more besides (and for the princley sum of $6 for the whole car load), so save your money and make a day of fun at a park rather than this sorry excuse for an "attraction".

4  Thank Alfie N
PattyinPalmdale, Owner at Gatorama, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Alfie,
Sorry to see that Gatorama was a disappointment to you. We take all comments seriously as we strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our Guests. I would like for you to e-mail me the persons name that you said was so rude. All of our employees wear name tags, so that should be easy enough. Also you mentioned that the prices were "Nauseatingly Expensive". Was it the $14.95 for the adults or the $6.95 for the kids that was too expensive? We do not hide the fact that we are an operating farm. As a matter of fact we are quite proud of the fact that we are pioneers in the farming of alligators for their meat and hides, however you did not see any of them, as they are not on exhibit. Alligator farming is a key component of the recovery of a species that was on the endangered species list just 25 years ago. Also, all of our alligators are REAL… nothing fake here. The bobcats which you called (wildcats) are very healthy and are currently in amating season. All of our enclosures are cleaned at least twice a day, some days more often depending on the need of the specific enclosure. I am glad you had a positive experience at one of Florida's State Parks. Once again please e-mail me at Patty@Gatorama.com

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Staff was very friendly and informative. Visited with my Wife and Parents, and we all enjoyed the experience a lot! Lots of Crocodiles and Alligators, plus a lot more to see. I think kids would love it, and at the current entry fee rates, it's a very good value. Bring your camera to capture the memories!

PattyinPalmdale, Owner at Gatorama, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

We are so happy you had a great time here with us. Thanks for visiting and thanks for the wonderful review. See ya later alligator! ~ Patty Register