“RUDE”
Review of Gatorama

Gatorama
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Palmdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Gatorama is a Florida 'must do'. A long standing family attraction complete with Alligators, Crocodiles, Monkeys, Bobcats, Raccoons, Peacocks, Ducks, Geese, Pythons and more! Try your hand at our 18+ Guest Feeding Experience "Fast Hands or No Hands" where you become the star of the show! Not ready to brave the big crocs? Sit back and enjoy one of two Big Gator Feeding Shows by our trained zookeepers. (FREE WITH ADMISSION) Feeling brave? For a small fee, you can jump on into Uncle Waders Catch A Gator Pond, or try your hand at Gator Wranglin'. Paleontologists in the group will want to try out our Big Gator Fossil Dig where they dig up real bones and are challenged to identify them. These make for FANTASTIC photo opportunities, so don't forget those cameras. Prefer a lazy afternoon? We have an extensive boardwalk, games and plenty of space in our Swoopy Palm Trail to relax and take in the sounds of nature. A taste of Real Florida is waiting for you at Gatorama!
Chesapeake, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“RUDE”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I contact the office prior to my families trip to Orlando and the person that answered the phone and was incrediably rude, I asked two simply questions, first was do you do military discounts and do you do group tours...... she then stated to me DO you know where we are located..... UMMMMMMM yes if I want to drive and extra couple of hourse guess what thats my time...... and then I stated oh I thought 863 was Lakeland area code and she said NO its Souther Florida I was born and raised here.... i then stated thats good for you since my inlaws live in lakeland and I have an 863 area code as well and she could forget the questions I wanted answered bc I wouldnt be bring my family there due to her rudeness........

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Brenna M
PattyinPalmdale, Owner at Gatorama, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Brenna, I am so sorry to hear about your encounter with our employee. I agree that you weren't responded to properly nor was the employees response helpful or kind. We are using this as a point of retraining. Please accept my apology. I appreciate you taking the time to call this to our attention. Patty Register, owner, Gatorama

Sebring, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great roadside tourist attraction”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

For about $15 you can see Florida alligators, a panther and crocodiles from 1000 feet of boardwalk. Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. this attraction and souvenir shop is worth the stop.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family fun!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

While visiting my family in Lake Placid FL over Thanksgiving, we decided to go to Gatorama for an afternoon. It was very interesting and fun. Zoologist (young lady) was VERY knowledgeable and very polite. She answered all questions anyone had, was funny, and had a very good repore with the animals. We watched the Gator, Panther, and Bobcat feedings. She encouraged questions & was very patient. Golieth, the HUGE gator was a sight to see!! 3000 lbs & 17 ft long! Lots of Peacocks, baby gators, and other animals. We all took a turn at holding Ted, the 3 ft gator, what fun! Nice souvinor store with lots of gator stuff. Prices were slightly high, but costs a lot to run something like this. Lady running the store was not the most friendly person, but not rude. The cost was also slightly high, but again, they're a sanctuary and it costs. We got a coupon for a 1.00 off entrance fee, and that helped a little. All in all, we had a great time and learned a lot! Worth the visit.

Visited November 2012
Spokane, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Exciting family experience!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a fun filled afternoon for grown ups and kids alike. From watching the crocodiles being fed, to petting a baby croc and tossing bread crumbs to gators and crocs in pens and getting the historical background from the owners, we had a fabulous time!

Visited July 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun but expensive”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The lady at the front desk was rude and annoying, to the point that if I wouldn't have traveled so far I would have left. Once inside the park it was fun and interesting. The show they put on with the gators was exciting. Overall it was fun but they charge to much for what they have. We could have been done in less than an hour if we didn't want to stay for a show. If the cost was down I would take family there when they come down here from up north and want to see a gator. Since it is so high in price then I will probably never go back.

1 Thank Cecil F

Been to Gatorama? Share your experiences!