“Very good Deal here”

VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is an older resort on a busy highway however we found it to be clean, comfortable and very adequate. We also got a terrific rate on the room and having to spend two nights in Palm Harbor, it made the trip economical with a nice, clean and comfortable place to stay. Even with the busy road in front, it was still quiet as far as sleeping. Continental breakfast was not an issue for us as we like to go out to a Restaurant for breakfast anyway and found a place called the "Lucky Dill" down the street which we found terrific. New York Deli style breakfast with great bagels, breads and pastries. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: May want to upgrade to poolside for more privacy and away from main road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We booked though Orbitz and since most of the reviews were good we went with Tarpon Springs Resort. We stayed the night and ran out of there to rent another hotel! I have no idea why it's called a resort it looks like a hooker motel. The only thing that looked ok was the lobby. For one thing, there were roaches. The balcony was infested with wasps in the light. There was rodent fecal matter all over the balcony and inside the tracks for the sliding glass doors. It was also all over the walkways in the front. We pulled the sheets off and the pillow cases and there was big yellow stains all over all of it. You stick the the carpeting because it's so filthy. The view was of a roof and a walkway with a sliver of a water view which was a green swampy looking moat of water. All in all it was probably the grossest place I've ever seen and I don’t know what kind of people are giving this more than one star but do not stay here the pictures are definitely taken from angles to make it look better than it is.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jdubsmom
OSD, Owner at VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

First off let me say I am so sorry that you had such an experience. To be honest I am totally shocked at what you encountered. We have just purchased this hotel and every day we are making changes to the property. We are receiving great responses to what we are doing. The room you stayed in should not been on our guest ready list but it was. Several rooms have not been finished yet. I am so surprised we did not get an opportunity to correct your problem. I wish you had brought your problems to our attention.We have a 100% customer satisfaction policy here and I know with all we are doing we could have made your stay a great experience. I would very much hope you have the opportunity to try us again I know you will be impressed.

Ray

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Some past reviews made this property sound like a dump. We had absolutely no problems here, and the room was clean and comfortable. Yes, it is located on a busy highway, but the balcony of every room faces the water and pool area. The water is only a canal that connects to Lake Tarpon, but still better than nothing. There have been many complaints about the breakfast, I think this is because some people do not understand the concept of continental breakfast, Available was coffee, juice, milk, toasted bagels, packaged Danish - what more is needed?
At the $62 rate I paid, this property is a bargain, and was the perfect location for visits to Clearwater and Tarpon Springs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PScruiser
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I read all the reviews before staying here, but booked it anyway. We got a pleasant reception from Zoe and decided to upgrade to poolside, since it is away from the highway. Loved the size of the room (215) and the view of the pool from the private balcony. Isabella kept the room spotlless the entire time we were there. She even folded the towels into "swans" & "rosettes". The beds were clean and soft. The breakfast was coffee, juice, oatmeal, bagels and wrapped pastry. Not too thrilling, but I didn't book here for the food! The location is fantastic if you are interested in Tarpon Springs, Dunedin or Honeymoon Island. There is also a "back" way into Tampa. Great Price and we received great service as well.

Room Tip: ask to be upgraded to poolside- it costs $10 a day more, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tom M
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I have only been here 10 minutes and I'm extremely satisfied already! I am a late check in and was automatically offered a late check out. The girl at the front desk was polite and courteous. The bed. I am melting into it as I type.. Being pregnant that matters a lot to me! The view is so cute and I can't wait until morning to thoroughly enjoy it and the complimentary breakfast... Will be back on our next visit for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Read most reviews before we went. Decided to give it a try. Husband and I stayed twice in late March and early April 2014. Found it clean and pleasant and a very nice location with the marina and Lake Tarpon to view from our balcony. We felt it was a good value for the price. It is an older property and not really a "Resort", but the staff was friendly, helpful and all around great. It is just under new management and we expect some upgrades and refurbishing will take place. The bed was clean and comfortable, breakfast was as advertised "Continental breakfast". Sometimes there was more than others including muffins, bagels, different types of sweet rolls and flavored instant oatmeal. There was always fresh coffee and apple and orange juice. They had a problem with the spa on our return visit but that can happen anywhere and the service man was coming the next day. All and all we found it a comfortable, pleasant experience and a very convenient location. We will stay again when we go to Florida to visit family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Hwy 19 would be quieter, but the way the room is arranged, we did not find the road...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoisG415
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The best thing about this "resort" was it's location. Rooms are pleasant, balcony was very nice although it is right next to a place that with a loud drunk party going on. We were laying bets as to who was going to fall into the water first, the drunk men roughing around, the woman standing next to the edge while this went on, or the child!

The bed is very much in need of replacement as it sags to the point of not being able to stay on one side. Beds were not made well at all during the weekend, sheets were just kind of thrown on the bed so they'd come totally apart during the night. The second night I remade the bed myself. When the regular person came back on Monday it was much better.

I went to use the hairdryer - after a few minutes I smelled something burning, stopped and checked it, nothing wrong and went back to using it. After another minute or so I saw something sticking out of the blower end of the hairdryer - bug burnt up and being blown out.
The "continental" breakfast consisted of coffee, oj, and day old bagels. Nothing to put on the bagels. Staff say they had mentioned it to the manager quite a few times over the last few days but still did nothing.

Would I stay there again or suggest it to anyone else? NO!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Beso Del Sol Resort
#4 of 8 in Dunedin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon? Share your experiences!