“Problems from the get go...”

VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked my room online.
Pictures looked very nice, price was very reasonable.
Get to the front desk only to be told by Lisa, that I would have to wait four hours before I could be put into a room, which is not what my reservation said. Obviously not a concern to her. No kind of help. Very poor customer service. Have to push my entire day back so I can sit in their uncomfortable lobby chairs for the next several hours until I can get a shower and on with my business day. Sure hope the rooms are nicer and more accommodating than the women at the front desk. Will not repeat my stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank carol anne g
There are newer reviews for VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed at the hotel last year for 2 weeks on vacation. It had a cool tiki bar and restaurant onsite. It was called Dockside. It had live entertainment every night. This year the breakfast was minimal at best . The property is getting more outdated each day and it has non restaurant anymore. A staff member said that the hotel had just changed ownership and that the old restaurant is coming back. If that is the case we come back and try it again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Devin T
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have been coming once a year to this area for 20 + years for an annual event we have in the area. This motel has been the nicest on US 19 and the most inexpensive . The view is not of a parking lot but a canal on Lake tarpon . You have a lovely large balcony on a canal, a sound proof room and a lovely king size bed. It is super clean. They have upgraded the bed linens and the room is large. Breakfast ,, well it isn't anything to write home about but really ,, you are on US 19 there are a zillion places to have breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for the middle , you will be able to see down the canal to the lake
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Booked through Expedia. Excellent price. Arrived March 25. Room was clean and comfortable third floor over pool. No highway noise. Most staff were friendly and accommodating. Disappointed in "breakfast" as was just prepackaged muffins and danish during week. Weekend...fruit and bagels were
added. I understand the resort is under new ownership and will be reopening their restaurant around June. Pool and hot tub very nice. Loved being on a canal that led to lake...very pretty. People fished and kayaked. Would defiantly go back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvs2travel444
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Drove 22 hours to arrive a little early so called to see if we could check in early. Told our names etc. Said no check in till 3. We drove the rest of way and got there at 12 so thought we would just check. Took confederation from ORBITS and went in girl TOOK looked at it and said check in at three. Came back a little after three to hear manager explaining to someone they didn't have a pet room cuz someone was staying extra nights. Than I was helped by another staff. Gave my reservations.....no rooms under my name or reservations number. And sorry no room spring break. Next. There I stood what do I do. I asked and pointed out the two previous time we talked to them and gave our names why didn't they tell us than. No you didn't but it was the Danes girl both times. She responded not our problem call ORBITS. Took 4 hours to find another room at over 100 a night more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Leah S
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Found this 'Resort' on Groupon-getaways. Seeing we were already in Florida, thought we'd try the new area. The price was attractive enough that we thought we'd give it a try.One of the upsides is that it is on a waterway and there are lots of birds and turtles, so this made it interesting. The bed was comfortable for sleeping, other than that the rooms are tired with poor lighting. We made the mistake of picking up the bedspread and throwing it on the bed one morning and the maid came in and left it that way (guess she thought it was now 'made'). There is no breakfast to speak of, other than coffee (it wasn't very good and we aren't overly picky) and prepackaged sweet buns. There is a pool and a hot tub with a number of chairs and loungers, but the pool was very cold and you bring your own towel(luckily we had beach towels with us). It is located on a handy main road/hwy and not too far to get into Tarpon Springs, which was very interesting to see. Also a few restaurants are located within a mile or so. Nothing in walking distance. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, which is handy.
The young woman at the check-in counter was very friendly and helpful and gave us a first floor room when we asked.
Overall, not a resort, but the value seemed in line with the price.

Room Tip: If you want to be by the pool, make sure you request rooms on the correct side of the waterway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rpaters53
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had booked this resort thru groupon 2 months ago for 3 days for my birthday weekend! I was so excited since it seemed like an awesome place. I drove 4.5 hours to get there and when I arrived I was told they didn't have my reservation, even though I had the reservation confirmation. To makes matters worse they had nothing available. Now it's spring break, and I'm sure when they booked my lower price didn't realize this, however, they never did anything to rectify it or to help me find another place to stay. 4 hours later I finally found a place to stay for $850 for the weekend.
Needless to say I will never go back there nor will I use Groupon!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Beso Del Sol Resort
Beso Del Sol Resort
#4 of 8 in Dunedin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity

Been to VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon? Share your experiences!