I suppose the best way to start this review is by describing first impressions. After gaining admittance through the guarded front gate we meandered through the property in search of the registration office. Along the route we saw beautiful glimpses of the golf courses and strangely, we saw the condos that we would be renting and from the road they looked very dated yet well maintained – made me nervous.
Having not understood the directions to registration I missed a turn and flagged down a maintenance person driving by in his golf cart for directions. He not only gave us a big welcoming smile but actually led us to the door. First impression of personnel? – outstanding! – and so it was throughout the organization. The people at registration were bright and helpful and same in the restaurants. They employ great people.
Once we entered the condo we felt relief that it was updated, the furniture was relatively new and comfortable and it was clean. Our unit was large and had a comfy little veranda to take a break on. Housekeeping was responsive to our needs and the condo was functional with kitchen, untensils, etc. Water is a little weird in that it seemed to be overly softened and the chemicals used cause the water to seem to stick on your skin – it has a sulfur like odor as well but it tolerable. One nice amenity is the free washers and dryers in the laundry room – all you need is detergent the rest is gratis – helps your packed clothes be wearable longer especially with children.
We enjoyed the restaurants and the food was better than average. It is pricey but commensurate with the quality of food and service. The market is also convenient although you wouldn’t want to rely on it as a real market for provisions – but they have a nice bakery and coffee array. Many real stores and markets nearby on Rt. 19.
I didn’t play golf but the three courses were busy, even in surprisingly cool weather. Our condo was on Copperhead so we walked a few holes and it is impeccably maintained and beautiful.
The resort also has a spa and fitness facility but we didn’t partake this time. Plenty to do and plenty of activity in the area. Rt. 19 is the main artery and with four lanes in both directions it still gets crowded with the snail slow in the left lane drivers and Andretti-like lane changers – would not want to live there and have to do it daily.
If I ever return to Florida and the Tampa area I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers everything from golf courses to water slides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf Hotel Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf And Spa Resort
- Innisbrook Resort Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook Hotel Palm Harbor
- The Westin Innisbrook Golf Resort