A few weeks ago, my boyfriend surprised me with a last minute getaway, as we had both been working very hard and needed a break. The Innisbrook was running a special promotion, so off we went.
The location falls somewhere between Tampa and Tarpon Springs, right off a main road. It was late when we arrived. When were entered, the security guard at the entrance was extremely helpful in giving us very precise directions to the Club House so we could check in. The process was quick and we got out keys and a map to our building.
The architecture of the buildings is a bit dated and looks a little institutional but the grounds and lobby were clean. One thing that made it tough was the lack of elevators. If you have "stuff" with you, like we did, it's hard climbing up the steps. When we called to desk to see if there as a room available on the first floor, we were told that there weren't any in the "rental pool". In any event, we got upstairs to our suite.
It was clean and inviting, the furniture and decor was current and it had everything we needed to get comfy. The living room has a large flat screen TV and great couches. The kitchen was functional and clean. The bedroom was fine, except that they didn't have a flat screen TV -- just one of the older ones that worked, but looked terrible. The bed was comfortable, the linens clean and soft with plenty of pillows. The bath was similarly good, with plenty of towels.
The next morning we got to see the grounds which were lovely and well kept. In the daylight, the buildings look a bit depressing and there is no hint from the outside about how nice the suites are inside.
There was plenty to do in the area and we got to enjoy the beach and had meals at local restaurants.
A heads up however: We had already paid for the room when we arrived and we didn't really have plans to incur any additional expenses on site, but they put a hold of $250 on our credit card (which is customary in these cases) that I thought was excessive. After we checked out, it took almost a week for this "hold" to be released. So, if you have a hold placed on your card, be prepared to wait many days after checkout for this to clear your account.
Overall, this was a pleasant experience, the staff at the desk were nice (never really saw anyone else), we got housekeeping services daily and the place was quiet and restful.
Perfect? No. Worth going back? Probably, if we can get a similar deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers everything from golf courses to water slides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf Hotel Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf And Spa Resort
- Innisbrook Resort Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook Hotel Palm Harbor
- The Westin Innisbrook Golf Resort